This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Let's post our Londinium pictures

Comments

• Alejandro Erickson post=428 wrote: Are you home roasting in UK? I need a roaster.

I use the Fracino Roastilino built in the Birmingham factory where the LONDINIUM is built as well.

A first clip when I just got it: (we've since developed a quick and simple routine, will post another video in the near future):

https://vimeo.com/68040382
  • Woah.... that's some serious hardware...
  • Impressive kit Franz. Is the Roastillino particularly sensitive to ambient temperature?

I tried home roasting for a couple of years, primarily with the Iroast2 and then the Behmor. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't very good at it and that professionals could do it faster, better and cheaper than me...

Certainly good fun though as a hobby. Would have continued on with it until kids came along and destroyed my hobby time. I'll get 'em back one day.....

• probably Java Jampit
  • In preparation of Halloween Night
  • One last one, English Walnut
  • 15.8g Yirgacheffe Heirloom

• Is that with the stock double basket james? Looks lovely!
  • Gino Magnotta post=459 wrote: Is that with the stock double basket james? Looks lovely!

Thanks Gino, yep stock basket, i did another just after with the double spout, tasted great but gave a very homogenous creamy yellow crema
  • James,
    What kind of wood are those handles?? Did you make them? Very pretty. Michael
  • Michael Wolfson post=475 wrote: James,
    What kind of wood are those handles?? Did you make them? Very pretty. Michael

Hi Michael,

They're Macassar Ebony, Dave Stephens made them for me: David Stephens
    He has a huge blog here: http://www.home-barista.com/marketplace/custom-wood-for-your-espresso-machine-t10642.html

cheers
    James
  • Frans Goddijn post=413 wrote: [quote=James Springfield post=412]Yummy, mine arrives tomorrow

You will love it!

Now I have to wait a week for it to age... :(
  • Gino Magnotta post=447 wrote: Impressive kit Franz. Is the Roastillino particularly sensitive to ambient temperature?

I tried home roasting for a couple of years, primarily with the Iroast2 and then the Behmor. I came to the conclusion that I wasn't very good at it and that professionals could do it faster, better and cheaper than me...

Certainly good fun though as a hobby. Would have continued on with it until kids came along and destroyed my hobby time. I'll get 'em back one day.....

I don't think the machine is sensitive to ambient temp, but the operator needs to understand that a roast that took 6 minutes and a few seconds in one of the last hot late summer afternoons, will take about 30 seconds longer today near the same wide open window, sucking in much cooler air to be heated up.

What's also possible is to slightly close down the air inlet (just with a piece of stiff paper / cardboard, insert it under the machine just a bit and pay attention), just enough to have the beans remain in one slow moving mass instead of dancing. Then understandably less heat is blown away and the beans heat a little faster.

I keep buying commercial roasts as well, and I give some of my roasts to guys who run a specialty coffee store nearby so they can taste and give me their feedback.
  • 17g Indonesia Raja Batak beans (bio / fairtrade) from a local roaster / cafe. Spicy. HG One grinder, LONDINIUM I.

PS do you see a difference with this one: facebook

It seems more colorful there...
  • beautiful extraction Frans!

Kfir.
  • Not a shot but I did enjoy the meniscus on this flat white.

• A bit bubbly, but delicious. 16g ish of locally roasted Columbian.

Phill

• Looks lovely Phill
  • A German coffee wiki has used a picture I made of the water jet inside our LONDINIUM I group:

http://www.kaffeewiki.de/index.php?title=Datei:CMA-Ringkanal-Einlauf.jpg
  • Frans! Excellent photos :cheer:

Don't know what happened to the "Thank you" Button I just mentally pushed it :-)

Stephen
  • Thanks! I'll post them here as well:

Finally got my custom cabinet setup, It's a beautifully rustic piece of furniture. Solid wormy maple, finished by the Amish in southern ohio!

I'm also getting much better shots as I learn the ways of the L1

Thanks to all on here!
    ~joe
  • Gorgeous table joe
  • Nicely done Joe!

• I'm pulling incredible shots! B)
  • Wow. Custom polished versalab. Very nice
  • Not only polished but Modded by Terranova! Congratulations on a fine grinder AND and L-I.