This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Let's post our Londinium pictures

Comments

• Hello,
    I finally got the LI plumbed within the right pressure parameter. Now, I will have to play with it so as to beat the beast :woohoo:

• A beauty in a beauty spot there!
  • Thank you Frans. Keep posting your findings on video.
  • Martin! That qualifies as a Shrine, a darn nice one!! :)
  • Kelsey, I have had a play on a sage Grinder (I bought one for this purpose). I also had a Mignon at the same time as ell as my K10 fresh. I thought the Sage was novel, but did not deliver in the cup at all...especially when compared to the other 2, so your comments surprise me.
    I use fresh beans, about a kilo a week. Perhaps I am doing something wrong!
  • Stephen Sweeney post=1789 wrote: Martin! That qualifies as a Shrine, a darn nice one!! :)
    Stephen, I will be religious about my espresso from now :lol:
  • A friend sent me Malabar Monsooned beans roasted january 9th and I tried them out on the LONDINIUM. You can see from the little'tit' in the flow that the beans are very fresh, but the espresso tasted soft and creamy.

• thank you for another series of great images frans.
  • The sunlight glinting off my new Inker ristretto and latte cups, atop the L1. Using a small silicon baking mat as a pad, and access to the reservoir is still simple. Once I figure out filtering/softening/etc. for L.A. city water, I'll plumb it in using the washer hookup that's just visible in the background.

• You are on your road t good coffee, if the glare doesn't get you first :-)
  • [video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]87363828

The last of my last roast of natural Sidamo Adulina.
  • Awesome vid, the music made your triumph of the machine install monumental as well as humorous!
  • Like your cups George ;)
  • I've become a big fan of the Inker stuff, especially the "Tina" ristretto cups. And Milano Orange is a natural. ;-)
  • [video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]87943876
  • Very nice! The music too.
  • Following on from the Jugs thread....
    Anyone up for showing off the skillz ?

A shot out of Londinium I, from very funny big wet Vietnamese beans that a friend gave me. A pal of his took these home from a trip to Vietnam. About 5% to throw out before roasting. Roasted these very light, taste very nice & spicy.
  • Vietnamese beans are robusta i think?
  • James Springfield post=3336 wrote: Vietnamese beans are robusta i think?

Quite possibly / most likely so. I know nothing about the specific area where these were from.

Some from Vietnam is arabica though:

http://qcoffee.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/121146473-103267937/VIETNAM_ARABICA_COFFEE.html

The green beans looked unpromising but smelled very nice.

• OK, now you guys have me curious, especially where in Vietnam they are grown. I have family there although they do not live near where I would suspect coffee to grow.
  • I have not the slightest clue. John, a fellow roaster living around the corner from me, gave this batch to me. A friend of his brought them from one of his trips to Vietnam. John also had another bag but those looked even weirder he told me, as if someone had just scooped up a lot of stuff from the ground where coffee beans were part of the find.

I will take a picture of green and roasted beans.
  • Probably a lot of rocks in the bag to make it heavier for a bigger sale :-( Even my wife does not like her Countryman for their propensity to cheat people!
  • Stephen Sweeney post=3343 wrote: Probably a lot of rocks in the bag to make it heavier for a bigger sale

In "my" bag were no rocks, just lots of beans that looked too funny, very pale, or crushed during the washing, or so big I didn't believe it, or very very small and all the berry skin still on, or half beans. I threw all of those away.

greens on the left (all bad & funny ones thrown away already), two roasted samples on the right

calibration grey card below, so you can see if it's your monitor if the color seems odd
  • The green beans looks like Arabica beans and not Robusta.

Kfir.
  • Kfir post=3348 wrote: The green beans looks like Arabica beans and not Robusta.

Kfir.

Thanks!

I like the first roast best so far even though it looked almost too light for espresso. The rest I roasted darker but these taste too simple, it seems. Hopefully they will develop a more pleasant taste over the coming days or I will just discard them and call it a lesson learned about handling such funny beans.
  • Good evening fellow L1 owners. I've just put her (L1) to sleep after serving me two tasty espressi. We're getting along fine by now...after about a week together. Looking forward to share tips, trix and espresso experiences with you all. Thanks for all you've written and thanks in advance for what you will share. And here she is:

First placement before it was plumbed in. Not a very smart position....doh!

After plumbing it in the other day.