This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LONDINIUM I-P

Comments

• Nice, looks very comfortable to access ...

My house has almost 6 bars of line pressure so I have the option to try anything from 1.5 to 6 bars.

Kfir.
  • 6bars!?! WOW!!! I thought mine was bad at 5bar so I reduced it to 3.5bar for the entire home.
  • Reiss, you are causing me to deplete the anxiety medicine and the available alcohol, not at the same time...

No information? How many photos did your photographer take? At this rate a photo a week, hhhmmmm, top, bottom, wand details, site glass details, and then all the hood off details, you could possible drag this out until Christmas!!
  • Well at least now you know what Santaclaus will bring you!
  • An update on the L1 - P and timelines going forward

we are awaiting the final packaging for the L1 - P and I am told that we will receive it this friday

if things go well the L1 - P will be packed into this packaging on friday and i will despatch it on DHL to Frans in Amsterdam

this allows me to test the packaging without the delay of sending it all the way out to New Zealand

if i can despatch the L1 - P this friday Frans will have it on Monday

assuming the L1 - P arrives safely, and there is no reason to believe it won't as we are using the same packaging system as the L1 (not a single series two L1 damaged in transit, ever!), then i will sign the L1 - P into production and we build the first batch

whilst we go about building the machines frans will then be in a position to answer any L1 - P specific questions that you may have - it is to be expected that there will be questions around how it differs to the L1, both in terms of how it is used and most importantly is the taste in the cup significantly different, or is it only a technical or academic difference

we have lost a week due to key staff being on holiday last week, but it can't be helped

sending the machine on a loop to london and back to get photographed was always going to be a pain, but it had to be done

all in all, i am very happy with where the project is at; no modifications or changes have been made to the finished machine

next week looks set to see some rich activity on the forum!

reiss.
  • booking it out now. we're on the move :woohoo:
  • Yes! DHL mailed me to say that a 49 kg parcel has been picked up in Birmingham, directed to my address...
  • Making coffee with my La Pavoni as the L1-P has arrived in the local delivery center. Hoping to see the "Out for Delivery" sign up on their website soon!

• Having an espresso while the L1-P is "With delivery courier" and approaching fast...

• Very exciting!! Can't wait to see your first pictures... And I'll probably drop by soon :).
  • The big day has arrived, good luck Frans!

I wish you a lot of enjoyment and fantastic espresso.
    Waiting to hear your impressions and seeing the pictures...

Kfir.
  • It arrived!!

• excellent! just that bit bigger so DHL don't even think about moving it by hand

thank you for going to the effort of taking that photograph frans, and persuading the DHL guy to hang around

a great shot that captures the moment when DHL knock on your door
  • Did the poor fellow who works for DHL have to get the box to your "Door"? That flight of stairs would be a task at best of times but to have a 45kilo box to deliver :-)

Hope the machine survived the bouncing of transit and Customs invasion.
  • fingers tapping...fingers tapping Franz :D

we're all excited for you...but darn it hurry up already...get us some relief :D
  • Very nice!!! I'll drop by soon :)
  • Stephen Sweeney post=8807 wrote: Did the poor fellow who works for DHL have to get the box to your "Door"?

We shared the load!
  • Beautiful pictures Frans, thank you for sharing!

I really love the machine, looks like a bigger sister of the L1...
    That silicone tube next to the drain hose is coming from the HX expansion valve?

Kfir.
  • Kfir post=8822 wrote: Beautiful pictures Frans, thank you for sharing!

I really love the machine, looks like a bigger sister of the L1...
    That silicone tube next to the drain hose is coming from the HX expansion valve?

Kfir.

But then what is the copper tube going into that same drain?

Very nice Frans.

I noticed that the small box looked a bit beat up from transit, was that the case?
  • Kfir post=8822 wrote: That silicone tube next to the drain hose is coming from the HX expansion valve?

yes!
    Stephen Sweeney post=8823 wrote:
    But then what is the copper tube going into that same drain?

Will take & post a picture right away. Seems to me to be a drain to empty the boiler.
    Stephen Sweeney post=8823 wrote: I noticed that the small box looked a bit beat up from transit, was that the case?

Yes it was wet and soft. Had to bend the drip tray grate back a bit, was easy to do by hand.
  • I did a reset of the WEMO statistics of the previous L1 so the device / app now collects the usage data of the new L1-P.

A tip: consider the side panels like "doors" that hinge on the back. Then you can easily get them off. The back side wraps around the back corner of the machine, covering some bolts, so on assembling it back on, first cover that back, than "wrap" the panel around the side and use gentle force to close the "door".

John gave me the helpful tip to first grease the two clip-on things protruding from the panel that slide into the clasps. These parts probably have a technical name that I am not aware of yet.