This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

What grinders are we all using? How good are they?

124»

Comments

• Stephen, I have seen the work of Terranova and it is impressive. Looking forward to see some picture of your new modified M3 grinder. Now is the only time...
  • Martin Fortin post=1489 wrote: Looking forward to see some picture of your new modified M3 grinder.

+1

Kfir.
  • It probably won't be here until next month.... Sort of a Christmas present to myself and I am sure my wife will like the results in the cup :-)
  • I am also eager to have your findings on the taste difference between the HGone and the modified M3.
  • So much pressure on your shoulders Stephen!
  • Joanes Grandjean post=1521 wrote: So much pressure on your shoulders Stephen!

Funny you should say that, I go into surgery next Wednesday for a shoulder rotator cuff and bicep tendon attachment repair. So yes, a lot of pressure on my shoulders :-)

To much physically destructive work when I was younger is catching up to me....

When the M3 returns from Germany I will have to roll the box into the house end over end because my wife cannot lift it, although she would try. At 72 yrs of age and 4'9" tall I call her mighty mouse. So maybe until a neighbor can unbox it lift it to the counter the M3 will be sitting on the floor in our entry hall.
  • Oh man, certainly the M3 isn't big but weights a lot. There are quality stuff inside for sure.

Good luck with the surgery, for sure you gonna be fine to pull the L1's lever. ;)

Here it is a detail of my M3:

• Hope surgery goes well. By the way, I always wondered, what is your profile picture?

J.J., do you have distribution issues with the terranova M3? Do you grind right into the basket?
    When I do so with my unmodded one, I get not so pretty extractions, hence my consideration to get it terranoaved.
  • Thanks Joanes. The photo is from an advertisement for JBL speakers in the early 1970's. I bought those speakers when they were a new item and have had a set ever since, so I thought it appropriate. I am sure JBL might not like it :-)

J.J. thanks for the well wishes. Yes, I will still be able to pull the lever of the L-I with the right arm. Since I am left handed I have been practicing doing everything else right handed; it is challenging. Writing was the easy one to over come but anything that involves clothing or hygiene is pretty tough!

The right shoulder was done 11 years ago so this is not a mystery...
  • Wow, Terranova's M3 is stunning! I want one. I need to find a used one to send to him although it would be nice if I could find one on that side of the pond.
  • There is an M3 for sale on HB.
  • Joanes Grandjean post=1527 wrote:

J.J., do you have distribution issues with the terranova M3? Do you grind right into the basket?
    When I do so with my unmodded one, I get not so pretty extractions, hence my consideration to get it terranoaved.

Not sure what you mean with grind right into the basket. I use the M3 PF holder so it's impossible to grind elsewhere :)

Distribution is the same as the unmodded (volcano shape), just perhaps more fluffy, so you need a technique that works to redistribute the coffee over the PF.

I don't understand how you can get bad looking pours (vs the K10) but get more sweetness. Usually channeling and spritzers (which is what I got with the unmodded) are reflected in the taste. :huh: