This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Buy/sell/swap legacy posts

Comments

• Parades in front of the house??
  • There was music here in the street this morning, but that was because a large space where for years someone had tons of furniture, was completely renovated and now two supermarkets are in it and balloons and music and pretty young girls handing out leaflets and mothers with their kids coming out with loads of goodies.

It might all be interconnected.
  • Jeroen, a coffee friend from Utrecht in The Netherlands, came to buy my L1-Luxe today and he's pulling fine espressos from it at his home base now:

He sent the above picture, made on his phone, with a text message.
  • I do believe Jeroen has everything he might need :-)
  • Thanks Frans, for selling it to me :woohoo: .

Very happy with it.
  • I'm happy the machine landed in expert hands!

Londinium L1 Lever Espresso Machine For Sale -- SOLD

FOR SALE: Londinium L1 machine in excellent condition (120V U.S. version), 1½ years old, works perfectly. This was an earlier version, but I purchased most of the subsequent upgrades including: wenge wood handles, newer (but not newest) version of the steam wand/tip. I’m also including the factory bottomless portafilter. Piston has new seals, steam arm is on the left.

Included with machine: double-spouted PF, bottomless PF, single/double baskets, complete set of wooden wenge handles from Londinium. The new Londiniums now ship with just a bottomless PF.

I’ve pulled 2-3 doubles daily and it’s been treated with reverence for its entire life in my home. I’ve used remineralized RO water in it (using a commercial remineralization kit). The machine will be shipped in its two original containers (one for the machine and one for the piston assembly). I’ve included Loxeal grease for the piston.

I am selling because Reiss gave me a deal on a new Londinium. This L1 was my 5th espresso machine and by far the nicest one I’ve owned. For those of you who’ve never seen one, they are built to commercial standards, are easy to maintain, are extremely easy to use, and make wonderful espresso consistently. The L1 is a great steamer, has a huge drip tray, and has unbelievable customer support.

MACHINE HAS BEEN SOLD

My wife would like this off the dining room floor.

Will send additional photos if interested. email me at mgwolf1315 at yahoo.com (or send me a private message on this forum). Michael
  • My L1 listed previously has been sold. Thanks for all your interest. Michael
  • Congratulations!
  • Good! A great result all round

I'm certainly happy to see our website providing an effective market for trading our machines
  • Yes, it's good to be back to just 2 machines - the L1 and my trusty Cremina which I dust off every now and again. The wife can see the dining room floor again, so we're good.
  • Update: Item sold and on its way to its new owner in Reno, NV. Thanks again Brian. I have just purchased a L1-P and I am selling a L1 purchased in Jan 2013. This is a 120v plumb in only version with wooden handles, the longer steam wand and a 30 amp p-stat. I have utilized an Everpure ES07 filter/softener cartridge since installation and the temp hardness has been a constant 60ppm. I am looking to sell this for $1500.00 USD, the only restriction I have is I will not ship the machine as I have lost some of the original packaging. I am willing to meet the buyer in the New England area or you can come to my house in the Augusta, Maine area. I am hoping to get this machine in the hands of a person who can learn to appreciate it a much as I have over the past 2 years. The only reason I am selling the L1 is that my wife love to use it as a hot water source for her green tea. I would like to apologize in advance for any errors I have made in this post as it is my first on any website and as I used to say I am just a retired sailor. Please contact me at [email protected] with any questions.
  • SOLD

I am putting my Second generation L1 up for sale, this is the plumb-in only 240V version. Has the pop off panels, wenge handles and other upgrades of the second generation version. Also updated the steam wand to the later version. Was purchased Dec 2013. Was lightly used and meticulously cared for. Was connected to water through a softener and dual carbon filters. Only ever cleaned with miorcofiber cloths, so the light scratching that is common from use is extremely minimal.

Machine has been an absolute pleasure to use and has worked flawlessly from day one. Only issue was a small leak from the vacuum breaker, which was replaced within a few days of installation. I am selling this to make room for the new L1-P, which I am planning to purchase.

Machine is located in Rochester, NY. I would prefer a local sale but can ship with proper insurance. I have all original packaging.

$2000 USD, reasonable offers certainly considered. E-mail for photos or info.

SOLD
  • hi justin

you might also want to try placing it for sale on home-barista.com for more reach

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss, Home-Barista gets real pissy about Posting an ad in more than one place and will delete the ad if they find it Posted in more than their location.

I found that out when selling my GS/3 and had it listed in Coffee Geeks AND Home-Barista, so I deleted the CG Listing and put an ad on Craig's List; they still went bonkers about it.

So, bottom line, Post in one place at a time. I personally think it is a totally absurd rule they have and possible not even legal, but who is going to challenge the rules? Sort of like dropping Posts that might be offensive to some people, but maybe not all.
  • I had a similar conflict when I posted pictures of a machine H-B were themselves 'reviewing' over a series of posts. I added a link to my blog where I had posted the text, thinking that any additions to the text would best be kept in one place for everyone to be updated. I got reprimanded for "link dumping" -- I assume they meant my "dump" not as in 'throwing away' but as excrement -- and the post was deleted. I was a bit surprised because a while earlier the management had written me personally to urge me to keep "posting those beautiful pictures".

Sorry for off-topicality.

I'd still post the sales ad on H-B just not mentioning or linking anywhere else in the posting.
  • Reiss, Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately HB will not allow you to post FS ads unless you have been a member for 90 days and have achieved a minimum post count. I was not a member until this morning. I was able post this on the coffeegeek forums.
  • Justin, Post questions on HB to me and we can go back and forth until you get your allotted number of Posts :-)

I am FotonDrv on HB.
  • Thanks Stephen, unfortunately that wont get me around the 90 day rule :(

I was able to post on the coffeegeek forums though and have had some interest.
  • FOR SALE L1 Series 1 Melbourne, Australia

I 've just ordered an L1-P so my Series 1 L-1 is now for sale.

Orginally supplied with tank and pump it was later upgraded to plumbed in. All parts are included and I have both the solid and hatch top covers so that new owner has the option of either tank or plumbed operation. Steam arm is on the left when facing the machine.

The machine was originally equipped with the plastic handles however these were upgraded with Londinium wenge as soon as they became available.

The machine has been great and it would't be going if the L1-P didn't exist.

Seals and screen last changed in April 2015 and I also upgraded the steam arm and nozzle to the latest design at this time.

Asking 3K AUD and would prefer a local sale as I do not have the original packaging. I can ship but would insist of professional crating and this would likely cost a couple of hundred dollars.

Machine is in great condition buts it's not new. Usual wear from 2 to 4 coffees a day over the last 2 years.
  • If anyone has one or two londinium espresso cups they are willing to part with, I would be very interested :)
  • i do B)

i'll send you some when you order the L1-P, how about that?

best

reiss.
  • Ever so grateful!
  • I have an L1 as a demo and I can see myself liking it to a point of actually wanting to buy it, so to fund this extreme move I've got two machines for sale:

1. Caravel, very good condition, comes with an NPF.

2. Olympia Cremina, very good condition, I was using this before I got the L1, new gaskets, 230vac element and a new seal / tool kit from OE.

Will update the thread with photos and prices later on.

Cheers,
    Tom
  • Alright, so I opened a coffee shop a few weeks ago and it is going well. We are using a brand new L2 and people are loving it. Due to the nature of our coffee shop being an events space also, we are interested in getting an L3 to keep up with the high volume. So, is anyone interested in an L2? As I said, it is new so I can come down on the price a little. Let me know.
  • hi beau
    thanks for posting
    perhaps adding your location might be of interest to prospective buyers?
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • beau
    I've been turning this over in my head for a day or so
    the longer i think about it, the more i think it may be smarter to get a second L2
    this has the benefit of giving you 4 groups instead of 3, and i don't think it will cost anymore
    it has the additional benefit of giving you full redundancy, which is prudent in any commercial operation
    i seem to recall you mentioning that you had upstairs and downstairs bars/serving areas, so it would also allow you to serve espresso in both areas; another benefit
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • Reiss.

I understand and agree with what you are saying. The challenge for us is bar space. I'm afraid 2 L2's on our bar would be too much, not to mention I'd have to run separate wiring and plumbing. I appreciate the ideas.
  • Not sure if this is the right place but..
    For Sale:
    Sproline Foam Knife and LA MARZOCCO 'GB-5/FB-80' Steam Wand
    The tip is a 1/8th BSPP thread - thus the new wand.

Fits the Londinuim nicely. Looks VERY good but you better be steaming a lot of milk to make it worth while.
    Too difficult to control with a small pitcher and single serving of milk but would probably froth a liter of milk in under a minute :)

I went back to the stock 4 hole and wand for this reason.
    The wand was $35 and the tip is $115 new (yeah, crazy).
    I have it on ebay with no reserve at the moment.

SPROLINE FOAM KNIFE 1 STEAM TIP and LA MARZOCCO 'GB-5/FB-80' STEAM WAND

• It's time to evolve my ritual. The HG-1 is for sale.

I'm the original owner and, contrary to my earlier post in the grinder thread, it turns out I bought the unit in July 2013. Its serial # is HG83-0177.

It has the TiN-treated 83mm burrs, the blind tumbler, and the accessory E61 portafilter holder. I still have the original shipping box and packing materials.

I lived alone and moved house during much of the time I owned it so it saw less than daily use. I'd wager it's probably only seen 30lbs of coffee at most but I have no detailed records to be certain.

I'll take US$900 shipped within the lower 48, other destinations will be $875+actual shipping cost. Local buyers are welcome to collect it in person for the $875 price. Add 3% for paypal fees.

Many thanks,
    Toby