This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Buy/sell/swap legacy posts

in case you were wondering please feel free to advertise things for sale/wanted to buy/swap on this thread

non coffee items are fine too, but nothing objectionable or restricted please - just use your commonsense

please understand that we are not in any way involved with anything that is offered to sell/buy/swap, and accordingly we are not offering any warranty, express or implied, nor any representation as to quality or fitness for purpose

i especially look forward to seeing some vintage levers being advertised here

Comments

• I want to buy a used Versalab M3 or, even better, one already upgraded by Terranova.
  • 2 (two) VST Ridgeless baskets. A 15g an 18g and both in good shape. $35usd plus shipping for the two.

SOLD!
  • I would also like an upgraded verslab M3 B)
  • Hey guys

What do you think a fair asking price would be for a 2nd hand Londinium LI Luxe machine? My machine was one of the first original machines shipped, it has had daily use and regular maintenance.

Reiss has made an offer to the early adopters to help upgrade to the latest version machine, but for me this would depend on what I could potentially sell my machine for second hand.

To get the new version LI shipped to New Zealand you are looking around $3850 plus $650ish for tax and customs fees, so $4500.

At this stage it is just a thought and realistically my machine would have to be sold to a New Zealand buyer.

Cheers
    Ian
  • hi ian

of the series one machines that i know of changing hands, owners are selling them in less than 48 hours of placing them up for sale when asking the price they paid for the machine, excluding tax and shipping

i hope this is of some use

kind regards

reiss.
  • Good question Ian!

I wish I could be of help since those thoughts went across my mind as well.
  • I thought that Mk1 users were a privileged group, especially the early adopters...

We have the acrylic handles, and the little lip on the tray... And I like the Bauhaus look more than the chunkier new version.

The really important changes like the steam arm have been made available to us as retrofit, and we paid less for the same group.

Anyone can get an L1 Mk2, but you have to persuade someone to give up their L1 original...

Kudos to Mr. Gunson for the brilliant design that he has brought us.
  • I enjoy the sound of that, Stephen. Privileged!

I'm planning on taking mine to the grave. Then my son gets it.
  • We are doing a kitchen remodel and unfortunately there is no room under the new cabinets for my beloved LI. This is 2nd generation and was purchased 11/27/2013. It is a plumbed in version. Perfect RO/de-chlorinated water has been used its whole life. I averaged 2-3 shots a day. It has been out of service the last 3 months due to the remodel. Perfect, like new shape. I have all original box and packing material.

It comes with:
    1) the Londinium tamper
    2) special twin 1 mm hole steam wand and original steam wand with 4 holes
    3) Londinium bottomless porta filter with ridged basket
    4) original Londinium double porta filter
    5) extra wenge handle

Pictures upon request. I'm in Santa Cruz, CA and can ship almost anywhere. I will include free shipping to the contiguous US but anywhere else you pay shipping.

I paid $3,000 US for everything with shipping plus I think another few hundred in duties. I am willing to let it go for $2500 since I need to move it. please contact me at [email protected]. thanks!
  • USA 120V, generation 2, plumbed in version

machine is in perfect like new shape

pics are here:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/12639138@N05/sets/72157649277096616/
  • LONDINIUM Tamper - 55€

TORR !Elite Titanium 58.0 mm Softconvex Base - 50€

http://s12.postimg.org/cqi7snzwt/torr1.jpg

+ shipping costs from Spain.
  • [SOLD]

Londinium I, 120 Volts, 1400 W (USA) second generation.

Plumbed in version: very quiet since no pump.
    I am including:
    1 naked portafilter,
    1 double spout portafilter
    HG one LI portafilter cradle
    One complete gasket kit with 2 shower screen
    One extra steam wand tip (two x 1.0 mm hole)
    One everpure head (carbon filter).
    Shipping within Canada and USA included.
    Price: 2200 USD
    Pictures can be seen here: http://www.home-barista.com/buysell/londinium-i-lever-espresso-machine-t34177.html#p387882
  • would posters mind updating their post as an item(s) sells? this keeps it meaningful as prospective buyers discover this thread and don't waste their time or yours enquiring about items that are no longer available

i encourage people to post wanted messages for grinders and other paraphernalia too - people are always trading in, out, up and down on espresso gear, some of it having seen very little use and the discount on a new item can be considerable
  • Reiss, is there a way to DELETE a Posting if the material is SOLD. Also is there a way to delete irrelevant Posts by the OP?
  • Stephen Sweeney post=7285 wrote: Reiss, is there a way to DELETE a Posting if the material is SOLD. Also is there a way to delete irrelevant Posts by the OP?

hi stephen

if you PM me (hehe, see what i did there? ;) ), and you are the author of the post in question, i can remove it certainly

as far as this thread goes i would prefer that posters just edited their original post by inserting 'SOLD' in the first line, that way we build up an interesting timeline

kind regards

reiss.
  • OK, I'll just leave it then :)
  • Sold !!!

I would offer a L1 first generation Lux version. Availabile in June. Comes with singe, double and bottomless portal filters .
    New bigger steamwand and newest generation of water tab. Technical in perfect condition, optical I used it for 14 months.
    You can see, that it was used. The machine is plugged with filter, but tank and pump will come with the machine.
    Original package is there and I would like to get 1500 Euros plus delivery. Steam wand on left side.
    You could look and try the machine in germany, Ruhr area.
  • Just flying a kite here...anybody in the Toronto area interested in an L1 Luxe? Includes 30amp Sirai and a few other bits and pieces.
  • I'm seriously considering selling my L1-Luxe for 1500 Euros, since the L1-P is soon to become available. I love the L1-Luxe and the L1-P seems to be the only thing that would make me part with my current favorite.

The machine is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and I do not have the transport boxes, would not want to be shipping anyway.

It's in fine condition, but there are markings of use, for instance scratches on the brew group where I did extensife temp measurements early on.

• A few videos featuring the machine:

• Tech data:
    built February 2013
    plumbed in
    230 V 50 Hz 2850 W
    weight +/- 27 kg
  • My L1-Luxe is sold! That went very fast. I lowered the price a bit to make it easier for husbands to negotiate with their spouses and to make it incredibly easy to sell their current machine, add a bit and get my L1-Luxe. Several active Dutch forum members were interested and one committed just now.
  • Congratulations! Now you too are in the big box waiting mode :-)
  • yes I can go get my anti anxiety medication, my situation has been approved by the doctor's help line ;-)
  • Nice to see the Meds are covered by your insurance :-)
  • I am not a gambling man, and I realise that gambling is illegal in much of the USA, but does anyone fancy a bet that Frans might suddenly decide to take a holiday in Birmingham sometime in the next few weeks?
  • I do feel the urge to drive on the left side of roads all of a sudden!!
  • We can bet here in this State :-) But Frans like travel and armed with trusty camera he might just be headed toward Birmingham :-)
  • Frans Goddijn post=8717 wrote: I do feel the urge to drive on the left side of roads all of a sudden!!

Oh dear, that has shortened the odds, all bets are off! :)
  • I need to stay home until the R120 arrives, so I cannot drive on the wrong side of streets now, not yet. The dealer told me it would be shipped this week and he would notify me as soon as he hears anything, but Compak are silent.

In The Netherlands, tomorrow we celebrate something called Ascension Day, which much have something to do with Rembandt or Van Gogh's ear, something old anyway so then nothing can be delivered, everything only goes up, nothing lands.