This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Digital pre-infusion module for L-R

13»

Comments

• hi andrew

it is an excellent question, and quite frankly it is driving me up the wall waiting for it

my plan as things stand is to send frans goddijn in amsterdam the first one next week on DHL Express where he will make a video to show the installation process in detail, covering any issues that may arise - we don't expect any, but this is part of the reason why we send it to frans as a third party to see how easy he experiences the installation without any background knowledge of how it was developed - a blind test if you like

assuming that goes well we will start the 3D printer and starting knocking them out for the rest of you as fast as we can

i know it has been a long long time coming but we are very close to the finish line now

the hardware has been finished for some time, we are now ironing out the look and feel of the software and what occurs at the end of range for each parameter and ensuring there are no conflicts

almost there!

reiss.
  • Reiss Gunson post=16087 wrote: hi andrew

it is an excellent question, and quite frankly it is driving me up the wall waiting for it

my plan as things stand is to send frans goddijn in amsterdam the first one next week on DHL Express where he will make a video to show the installation process in detail, covering any issues that may arise - we don't expect any, but this is part of the reason why we send it to frans as a third party to see how easy he experiences the installation without any background knowledge of how it was developed - a blind test if you like

assuming that goes well we will start the 3D printer and starting knocking them out for the rest of you as fast as we can

i know it has been a long long time coming but we are very close to the finish line now

the hardware has been finished for some time, we are now ironing out the look and feel of the software and what occurs at the end of range for each parameter and ensuring there are no conflicts

almost there!

reiss.

This right here is the exact reason why I chose to go with your product Reiss. Your attention to the small details and thoughtfulness in the ease for your consumer is not replicated anywhere else in the industry! The extra wait will be worth it!
  • Really looking forward to this for my LR. Reiss, any news? Can we pre-order yet? :woohoo:
  • should have an update for you this weekend jeff.
  • Okay... was searching as I had the panels off in my machine.. checked the off-set value and it reads -1.4

Based on the most recent post on this, this should be set to -1.0 or 1.0??

• hi jaime

-1.0 bar please

kind regards

reiss.
  • Perfect. Done!

Thank you!
  • Still have been unable to get my dongle to connect. I get to the point where it asks to join the WiFi but it remains in the “waiting” step (#2) and then fails. While I do have the Comcast xfinity pods that are supposed to integrate the WiFi signals, my ankuoo wireless switch has no problems being activated from the app on my phone (and this device similarly only works on 2.4ghz channel). I have placed this in the plug about 8 inches away from my londinium so I can’t believe signal strength or wireless channel is different between these locations.
  • hi kyle

if you have access to two phones, or a phone and a tablet, please give me a call

i am confident i can get it sorted for you

im around in the weekend too (timezone UTC+12)

reiss.
  • I have a question if it is possible to add pump delay back to app?
    It could be in advanced settings, if it was removed for simplification reason.
  • no, im sorry, we have made the decision to remove it - after all the pump is meant to be mimicking the constant pressure of a cold water line so the delay should be as should as possible, which is what we have done.
  • I received module. I see there is extra blue piggyback cable that seems to be connected not to anything.
    It is not reference in manual or video.

Is it something not needed/extra? Or some new use?
  • the cable seemed red herring, it was not connected anywhere (maybe it was used for testing module).
    During installation hardest part was removing cap from manifold and new pipe was not pre-bend correctly.

However, after mounting the module does not power up. Gicar works, heating works, pump is silent.
    I also checked the blue neutral cable and it is connected to blue wire on GICAR. So I can only conclude it is dead
  • Hi Lukasz

im a bit surprised, but i suppose there is a first time for everything

please return it to:

FRACINO
    PARTS DEPARTMENT - SUE LANGDON
    18-22 Birch Road East
    Birmingham
    B6 7DB
    ENGLAND

Please include a cover note, for example printing out the sales order and writing on it that the board does not power up and can you please have it replaced would work; this way they can easily identify the sales order and the return address for the new board

Let me know what the return courier costs you and i will refund you that amount immediately

Apologies for the inconvenience

Kind regards

reiss
  • Big in app.
    Currently the app displays only up to 10 bar of pressure.
    Afterwards it resets to zero, so for example 11 bar is shown as 1.

The module on machine shows it correctly.
  • My app did that before - didn't find that problematic.

Currently the app shows accurately.

• Strange I have latest app on App Store 1 month ago updated to v1.1 (in app 2.26.1).

Do you have other version or is it a random bug (e.g. LR vs LR 24)?
    Anybody knows if app works on iOS 14?
  • I can only comment with regard to LR24 but, can confirm that App is fine with ios 14
  • iOS 14 is fine indeed
  • Lukasz Dziekan post=17272 wrote: Strange I have latest app on App Store 1 month ago updated to v1.1 (in app 2.26.1).

Do you have other version or is it a random bug (e.g. LR vs LR 24)?

It's likely that the LR24 app is different since it can also set a time for when to have the machine wake up / go to sleep and in what case the machine should send me an email about events (low water for instance).

• On appstore there is only one app from Londinium. But maybe code has some strange branches (regardless it is a rookie BUG).

On LR the app also displays machine active button, I can click it to standby but it does not seem to do anything.
  • Lukasz Dziekan post=17276 wrote: (regardless it is a rookie BUG).

I can still see why the decision was made to have the "clock" max at 10 and then have 1=11 and 2=12 since it opens up the line/scale in the more relevant part, which is the pre-infusion pressure between 1-6 bar.

In airplanes there's an altitude arrow which does the same, going round and round (albeit with a smaller arrow indicating the bigger number) and our watch faces also show 14:00 the same as 02:00 and over the ages people got used to it ;-)

So whichever way the display scale is, I like it as much and consider neither as a 'bug' in upper caps ;-)

Overall great coffee makes people less irritable in my experience.
  • hi Lukasz

yes, that is how the app performs for with the LR

the app was developed for the R24 and then had to re-worked to talk to the LR

happily the only number that matters is the preinfusion pressure that you set, but i accept that it is annoying

kind regards

reiss
  • Frans Goddijn post=17277 wrote:

I can still see why the decision was made to have the "clock" max at 10 and then have 1=11 and 2=12 since it opens up the line/scale in the more relevant part, which is the pre-infusion pressure between 1-6 bar.
    In airplanes there's an altitude arrow which does the same, going round and round (albeit with a smaller arrow indicating the bigger number) and our watch faces also show 14:00 the same as 02:00 and over the ages people got used to it ;-)

If only the main bar was not in 0-15 range I could somewhat agree (we are digital age after all).
    I agree, it is not a serious bug, but it is a bug nevertheless (as software developer and project manager/ owner I would rate as low criticality).

As a matter of fact programming it in such behaviour was harder than leaving default values! (Somebody did mod 10 on number)