This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LR Shipping Schedule

Comments

• ok, ive added permissions to your account manually just now. log in & you should be good.
  • Reiss Gunson post=12792 wrote: unless you ordered as a guest (i.e. if you created an account and were logged in) the act of placing an order for a machine automatically adds owner permissions to your account profile.

Well, I thought I was logged in when placing my order, but I still cannot reply to discussions on the owners forum.
    So could you please add me to the owners forum?

Also, if I want to ask something about using and maintaining the LR is it better to use the forum (so that others can see and possibly learn and/or laugh :silly: )
    or use direct email or chat (maybe faster/easier to answer?)
  • Reiss, I received notification of shipping a few hours ago. Sorry for your interrupted night's sleep, but thanks very much for doing everything you can to push the new machines out as soon as they are available!!!
  • Jeroen Bergmans post=12794 wrote: [quote=Reiss Gunson post=12792]unless you ordered as a guest (i.e. if you created an account and were logged in) the act of placing an order for a machine automatically adds owner permissions to your account profile.

Well, I thought I was logged in when placing my order, but I still cannot reply to discussions on the owners forum.
    So could you please add me to the owners forum?

Also, if I want to ask something about using and maintaining the LR is it better to use the forum (so that others can see and possibly learn and/or laugh :silly: )
    or use direct email or chat (maybe faster/easier to answer?)

Permissions added! you're good to go.

With regard to your second question there are at least two reasons to post on the forum instead of emailing me or chat

1. i only have 24 hours in a day and the customer base grows a little each day. so for reasons of efficiency as much as possible needs to be placed on the forum. besides, new issues are incredibly rare this far in so a few moments invested in searching the forum will often allow you to obtain the answer based on earlier posts that address the same issue

2. if you post on the forum you will always have someone awake in your time zone to response, so you are more likely to obtain a timely response, which makes sense for simple issues. secondly, on the forum you have the strength of the crowd with you, by which i mean that if i give you a response that is lacking in some way other owners will wade in an say, oh i think that's a bit harsh, or that didnt work for me, or i solved that issue by doing..., etc. There is definitely value if obtaining responses from people other than me - i dont have all the answers

kind regards

reiss.
  • Roger Healy post=12801 wrote: Reiss, I received notification of shipping a few hours ago. Sorry for your interrupted night's sleep, but thanks very much for doing everything you can to push the new machines out as soon as they are available!!!

thank you for your understanding. i expect its same again tonight - the broken record technique ;)
  • Any updates on Batch two shipments, Reiss?
  • hi ron

i am booking two more out now and i have been assured that i will have more to book at in 24 hours from now

kind regards

reiss.
  • Wooohooo just got shipping conf! Can't wait, thanks Reiss!
  • Thanks!

I'm trying to be patient :cheer:
  • I received the e-mail and tracking number from DHL this evening!
  • Holy cow! I just received an update from DHL. My machine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by the end of the day!

I guess that is a benefit of living near a major shipping hub like O'Hare!
  • So I was wrong. For whatever reason my machine is in Cincinnati???

Waiting for customs
  • That's the dhl hub / customs entry point from dhl in the midlands U.K. It's supposed to land there.
  • Thanks...

I figured that out. The tracking update said to contact DHL customer service, so I called and the chip meant really isn't there. They had just entered the customs info. But the guy said it was good that I called so he could open a ticket for me so they process it and not wait for me. They are supposed to call me by 11am CST tomorrow.
  • My L-R adventure continues :)

The shipment made it to the DHL hub in Cincinnati around 2am. I received a notification from DHL that more information was needed so when the US offices opened this morning I contacted the. Apparently since an espresso machine is used for food it is classified as an FDA shipment, and the regular customs folks don't support them, but Rachel was kind enough to contact the FDA agent handling my shipment. They needed my SSN and the name and address of the manufacturer, so I supplied them, and she put them into the system. It may be 24-48 hours before anything happens, so deliver today is not possible. I am hoping for Monday.

What is interesting, however, is the my shipment is three boxes, and one of them was cleared by customs early this morning, made it to Chicago and is now on the DHL truck for delivery. I'm not sure what is in the box but I suspect that it is the accessories that I ordered.

More to come :cheer:
  • I got my L1 last fall. I am in Milwaukee and had absolutely no delays. The morning the machine was coming in from England, I called DHL, prepaid the customs and it was delivered. No hold up at all! Maybe things have changed.
    Rob
  • Robert Hall post=13012 wrote: I got my L1 last fall. I am in Milwaukee and had absolutely no delays. The morning the machine was coming in from England, I called DHL, prepaid the customs and it was delivered. No hold up at all! Maybe things have changed.
    Rob

I'm not sure. I wasn't really expecting it until Monday when I got the shipping notice, so I'm not complaining.

So far no one at DHL has said anything about the duties.
  • So this is interesting... DHL just dropped off the one box. It is the main body of the espresso machine! I thought that it would be the accessories that made it through. Of course, the main body won't work without the rest, but the expensive part made it.
  • Ha! Talk about a tease. At least you can peel all of the protective wrapping off and get it ready. You'll be up and running pretty quick on Monday.
  • You didn't have to pay customs yet? I called DHL and pre-paid. They said it was good I called and paid, otherwise my delivery would have been delayed. I got all my boxes at once.
    Rob
  • No. I've talked to DHL twice and asked it there was anything that they needed from me to get the shipment moving and no one mentioned the duties. If they do, I'll pay, but if they don't, I'm not going to press the issue :)

The machine is in the living room now, warming up to room temp. I'll probably start peeling the film when I am off of work fo rthe day
  • it is not uncommon for DHL to release the goods prior to sending you an invoice for tax and duty in their monthly bill cycle.
  • Did the 6 machines of march 10 actually ship? (just curious).

Just picked up some great lightly roasted coffee beans at the Amsterdam Coffee Festival. Can't wait to try it on my Londinium R!
  • hi costeijn

we got 3 out on friday, 3 out on monday, and there are another 2 for me to book out now, one of which is yours

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

Yesterday morning I received the tracking link to the Netherlands, today early in the afternoon I received the Machine etc..
    Now up and running smoothly.

I allready had installed a BWT waterfilter, Acaia Lunar scale, Eureka Olympus 75E (for now)

Now the watching and tasting of the coffee starts. Still have to learn a lot and will try out all the advise you have given on this forum.

Thanks a lot,

Alex
  • Hi Alex
    Thank you for taking the time to post - it is appreciated
    Reiss
  • Hi Reiss,

I received my machine yesterday evening. Installed it and its now warming up for my first drink.

What a beautiful machine!

Kind regards,
    Costeijn
  • Thank you Costeijn for taking the time to post here; it is appreciated. Kind regards, Reiss
  • Alex van Steekelenburg post=13163 wrote: Hi Reiss,

Yesterday morning I received the tracking link to the Netherlands, today early in the afternoon I received the Machine etc..
    Now up and running smoothly.

I allready had installed a BWT waterfilter, Acaia Lunar scale, Eureka Olympus 75E (for now)

Now the watching and tasting of the coffee starts. Still have to learn a lot and will try out all the advise you have given on this forum.

Thanks a lot,

Alex
    Costeijn Kuhlmann post=13165 wrote: Hi Reiss,

I received my machine yesterday evening. Installed it and its now warming up for my first drink.

What a beautiful machine!

Kind regards,
    Costeijn

Congrats on the new machines, Alex and Costejin! I know that you will love them! I am having a blast with mine!
  • Thx Ron for the warm wellcome! Still trying and learning, I am not in control yet. I am used to the La Pavoni, but there I used a 12 gr dose, now 18 gr. I am getting close but need some time.

Alex

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk