This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LR Shipping Schedule

Reiss,

When will the new LRs start shipping?

Thanks,
Roger

Comments

• hi roger

well we got some L3 built and out the door this week, which was a good effort for the first week of the year

as far as i am aware we are still on target to build the first batch of LR next week, and whilst we might have some to despatch on friday 13 jan i think it would be more likely that we despatch from monday 16 jan onwards

best

reiss.
  • I don't know if I have missed it elsewhere, so I will share it here. Reiss told me that they are starting construction of the R model this coming week, if all goes well.

I have thrown all caution to the wind and ordered one BRAND NEW!

Now I just need someone to buy my lovely La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi : ) Anyone?
  • Likewise!
    I too ordered the Londinium R and am very excited to start exploring the lever world :)

No idea how far down the line of backorders my order is :blink:
  • Just to confirm, I also have one on order. I've had two E-61 heat exchanger machines. The current one will be going to one of my sons in about 2-3 weeks (hopefully) once I have the new LR up and running! I'm really looking forward to learning the capabilities of the LR. I was initially thinking of getting a LM Linea Mini, but I'm very happy that I looked at Londinium again. An LR AND a Monolith for the price of the LMLM! The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of going to a simpler, easier to use and maintain lever machine. Also, one that likely has the capability - whether I do or not is another question - of making better espresso than the LMLM.

Shortly after I ordered the LR, I found it very interesting to talk with a highly experienced LMLM owner who is dialing his pump pressure down to 6 bar. Then I discovered that lower pump pressure is one of the newer techniques to try to get better espresso from pump machines. Pressure profiling and lower pump pressure: why not just get a spring lever?
  • just to say that the build did commence on tuesday and we should be ready to start despatch tuesday next week and everyone who is ordered should get a machine out of this batch, barring some unforeseen issue.

reiss.
  • Thanks for the update Reiss! Very excited to receive my machine!
  • Me too!
    Did the build indeed go according to plan?

And, just out of curiosity, how big is this first batch of 1Rs?
    (Or, in other words, how exclusive a club have I joined? :P )
  • 20 machines and another 2-3 days :( with any luck it'll be here for the weekend. Anyone know if DHL Express delivers on weekends in the US?
  • I believe everyone (including Reiss) would prefer the machines already delivered.

Currently my main concern is actually not the delay, but having or creating the situation of pressure to finish the machines and therefor rushing the job, which will/may influence the quality of the result... The latter is a lot worse IMHO then a few days delay.

I believe depending on the DHL Express flavor, they deliver on Saturday. Better is to just expect the machine next week.
  • You are completely right, of course. I certainly prefer waiting to rushing somebody and possibly compromising quality.
    A large part of my reason for choosing Londinium is the obvious attention to quality and details.

To Reiss and colleagues: Please take all the time you want/need to build the machines!
  • Absolutely agree. Make sure the machines - certainly mine - are 100% right, even if it takes another week. Regarding DHL to the US, from other posts it sounds like US Customs has to look at them and establish duties, which we then get to pay, before they can be delivered to the final destination.
  • Yes of course I would be happy to wait another month if it meant a more perfect machine - I'm just giving Reiss and Francino the benefit of the doubt that they know how to build the L-R and it's just a matter of finishing the puzzle - just need to throw some man hours at it. Who knows though on the first production run.
  • To be clear: I'm definitely not doubting Reiss on his intentions or underestimating his long-term focus. What I wanted to express is that it's better to show patience from the customers side.

It's very human to become short-term focused under pressure, and I'm not saying this is happening, but it's more likely to happen when customers are showing misunderstanding for a situation and (in)directly build pressure for a short-term goal.

So, I'm actually happy to read the reactions from others new customers that they put more weight on the long-term goal, which is: a fantastic espresso machine which does what it should do for many years of usage. :)
  • @Reiss:
    Will we receive a track and trace when the machine is picked up by DHL?

Thanks for your input.
    Ernst
  • yes, absolutely.
  • Any updates on the shipping date? Like everyone, I'm really excited about my LR!
  • i wont have a view of what is going out on monday until 9 or 10am UTC

but based on experience i would be surprised if we dont send out at least 6 machines

bear in mind that our default setting is to have machines on the shelf ready to ship, but when you have to phase out a product and introduce a replacement that is disrupted, which is what we've had for the last few months now

we will be back on track as soon as possible

reiss.
  • Are the any informations who will be in the first batch, second batch or third batch ?
    The LR1 is supposed to be in stock in the online store.
  • hi ralf

your machine will be made in the second batch

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

If I were to order this weekend, when would shipping approximately occur? The reason I ask is that I am living in temporary housing (i.e. with family) for ~90 days, while my new house is built. This will help me decide on the address I will provide for shipping.
  • hi matt

the best information i have is that the second batch will be built week commencing 20Feb, therefore those machines would be ready to ship w/c 27Feb

im not sure where you live; for any address in the EU the machine should be received the say after we despatch

for australia & new zealand allow a week to get to you by the time customs have had a poke

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss, I am in the USA on the East coast, I suspect a week maybe then to get there as well?
  • worst case yes, best case next day
  • My LR has arrived yesterday and it is amazing.
    Even easier to make a wonderful espresso than I imagined!

Thanks. I probably will pose some newbie questions soon (how do I get access to the owners forum?), but for now I am simply enjoying the shiny wonder in my kitchen.

Thanks!
  • hi jeroen

thank you. i do appreciate it when new owners take a moment to post that they have received their machine

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss,

I have also received my machine and I'm quite taken with it. Half dozen delicious shots so far.

Have some questions about adjusting p-stat and the ceme, but I'll save those for another day. Just wanted to check in that I've received my machine and I'm extremely happy.

Thank you Reiss.
  • Delivery is exceptionally fast. A post from a friend on FB:

• Hi Reiss,

I have placed my order, thanks for all the help thus far to you, as well as Frans. How can I get added to Owner forum?
  • unless you ordered as a guest (i.e. if you created an account and were logged in) the act of placing an order for a machine automatically adds owner permissions to your account profile.