This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Single shot advice

2»

Comments

• Well I'm really enjoying all this "essential testing" and getting mostly acceptable results from my single basket. Had a 10g espresso yesterday which was very clearly in the good to very good category. I think pulling a decent double then switching baskets and tweaking makes good sense. The question I now have is what do you describe as a double (dry weight) and how do you know?

Is there a ballpark starting point you return to when you get a new bean or is there something more scientific? When I started with espresso 18 months ago I was advised to get an 18g VST basket, then different advice suggested the 15g VST basket but I used exclusively mahoganny roast beans so it all got a bit confused.

I can dial in a bean fairly quickly but I ike to see how well I can do by only adjusting grind setting. I've found if you start changing the dose too frequently then the grind, dose and ratio are all over the place very quickly and it's hard (for me) to assess whats happening and what needs to change.

Looking forward to that video Reiss.....