This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LONDINIUM to offer IMS products

2»

Comments

• I agree Frans. I just serviced my LI, and I cleaned the piston, replaced the seals, cleaned the shower screen (an IMS 200), and replaced the gasket. Once everything was lubricated and reassembled, I was having a problem with the lever "slipping."

I did some basic troubleshooting, and it ended up being the new screen gasket. Luckily I had an additional one on hand, and it fixed the problem immediately. Sadly, I have a brand new gasket that isn't worth anything to me. Seems they are not all the same, despite what the manufacturer says.
  • hi salvatore

if you are saying that we supplied you with a defective part, and i don't know if you acquired the seal in question from us or not, but you need to tell me and i will replace it

reiss.
  • I find it very clever of the machine designers that these replaceable parts are so cheap. The only times it can cause a problem is when someone never bothers to get replacement parts until a seal starts to fail. Then, because there is no seal available to replace it with, one is tempted to do all kinds of experiments like blaming it on the coffee, the grinder, the temperature, the pressure, until finally the cheap new seal is there and one never hears of the supposed problem again.

It's similar with color printers. If one always has a replacement ink cartridge there is no problem but you hear people complain about that awful printer if they don't keep cartridges in stock and the color runs out just when an important document needs to be printed.
  • Reiss,

I did not purchase the seals from you. While I think the ones you offer are most likely the best option, cost (including shipping) has pushed me to find some aftermarket seals from Espresso Parts. I've been using them for quite a while, and this is the first issue.
  • Then maybe this part of the thread should go to another corner because it's not about "Londinium to offer IMS products" and not even about seals from Londinium and people coming across it might get the impression it was.
  • Hi Salvatore
    It's all good, I was just asking for clarification
    Not sure if you noticed, but I reduced the price of group seals significantly this week
    Best
    Reiss
  • Reiss,

I certainly did not notice! (I try not to look too often for fear of doing something which will inevitably put me in a nasty predicament... :lol: )

That is a very good price for the seals. Believe me, if possible I would certainly prefer to buy them from you. Now, if you could just get a few more of those lovely cups back in stock to consolidate shipping costs... haha!!

Salvatore
  • I can send you a Londinium cup for free if you need one! I have two so I can spare one.
  • Frans,

That is incredibly generous, although I cannot accept one gratis. Sending PM...
  • Sorry, only absolutely free is offered ;-) Accept the present and give the next person something else!
  • In that case, I humbly accept your offer. You are most kind, Frans, and I will certainly do my best to "pay it forward."

• I am incredibly grateful to Frans for his kindness. From his door all the way to Hawaii... and being put to good use. Thank you sir!

Attached files