This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

US 240V Questions

2»

Comments

• Thanks Stephen!
  • Well I did order a Hardness Test Kit (CaCO3) kit, but subsequently cancelled it.

Before spending $40 on a home test kit, I've decided I'm going to bring a water sample to my local pool store, and see if they will test it and give me an analysis. Their free water test covers chlorine levels, pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, stabilizer, and total dissolved solids (TDS).
  • Allen Geddes post=4670 wrote: Well I did order a Hardness Test Kit (CaCO3) kit, but subsequently cancelled it.

Before spending $40 on a home test kit, I've decided I'm going to bring a water sample to my local pool store, and see if they will test it and give me an analysis. Their free water test covers chlorine levels, pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, stabilizer, and total dissolved solids (TDS).

I too am planning to do just this! I have the API GH & KH test kit and have always thought it was accurate...no reason to believe otherwise except I just got two new filters and test strips from Chris' Coffee and the test strips they sell (doing everything twice with both "systems" for good measure).

Post filter water (new filters from CC) Chris' Coffee hardness only test strips: ~50ppm hardness
    Post filter water using API: 120-125ppm total hardness (GH+KH)
    Crystal Geyser spring water using Chris' Coffee hardness strips: ~50ppm
    Crystal Geyser spring water using API kit: ~150ppm
  • This will be my last post in this thread. (Sorry for the off topic water tangent Reiss!)

I just wanted to update that the electrician came out and installed the 220V line last night. When I turned the machine on for the first time, the pump kicked on and began filling the boiler. An alarm started sounding, which gave me temporary heart failure as I thought something was wrong with the electrical input, and I just ruined the power supply on my machine... Ha - but then I read in the instruction manual that if that happens during the initial turn on, to just turn the machine off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it back on, and all was well.

It took a lot of will power, but I resisted the urge to begin pulling shots at 9:00 PM when everything was finally up and running... But this morning, I pulled my first shots, and I am blown away. There is a significant difference (improvement) in taste and flavor over my CC1, using the same water and beans! I also noticed that the grind for the CC1 is way too fine for the L1. I'm still dialing it in, but to get 27g output I'm 27 seconds, I am having to drastically adjust my grind settings.

I will be moving over to the owners forum now. Thanks for your help everyone!
  • Enjoy your new L1 !

Don't forget to pull a small flush after each shot, stick the PF to the group without locking it while doing the flush (aka 'wiggle flush') and you will gain a cleaned group screen and group gasket.

Kfir.
  • thank you for taking the time to post allen

it is exceedingly easy to help people that are grateful

kind regards

reiss.