This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Top Panel Vibration

2»

Comments

• dude - top image - you need to twist that brass elbow down towards the horizontal so the braided hose can lie in a nice, open 'C' curve - i can see a further noise reduction just waiting to be claimed, right there

ps - have your images got a bit out of order relative to the captions?
  • daaaaaah! I've ****'ed this as well as my last post, which I completely ballsed.

Let me have another crack at it
  • Righto I think we are there. It took a bit of manipulating and it may only be a temporary fix in the end. Let me try to do this post again.

Original twist in braded hose:

Remove black PCB from thread via bolt. Can be unscrewed by hand

Untwist hose and 'stuff' between water box and back panel

As tipped off by Reiss above, push the brass elbow down to horizontal. The issue that this may create is that the new, more open C will push the elbow back resting onto the frame with a knock on effect of the pump casing kissing the water box. This exacerbated the vibration substantially. I could see the logic in having a more open, relaxed, hose however so I persevered. No end of manoeuvring could correct this without going back to the original orientation. So I found some synthetic rubber (spare shoe soles) and squeezed it 1) between the elbow joint and the frame 2) between the water box and the metal casing and 3) the braded hose and the water box. After setting off the pump a dozen times or more this has yielded the best result and appears stable. Very little vibration on the water box and none on the frame. Happy panels therefore.

Lets see how long this stays. The adhesive insulation sheets would provide the more permanent solution I suspect.
  • yeah, i can see the problem you've got

when that adhesive foam arrives stick some of that on the bottom of the water box perhaps so the pump can't lie on it
  • indeed. and probably plaster a bit on the elbow joint or frame I s'pose
  • hmm - has removing the twist actually improved matters, or should it be put back in?
  • maybe its time to revert to a big long braided hose there, like the early L1s have :unsure:
  • i was thinking that reiss. that could do it.

Let me use the untwisted version for a few days to see how we get on. So far so good, but it needs the rubber insulation