This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Dimension/Footprint question

i've got the overall dimensions, but the one number I didn't see in the schematic drawing was the rear foot center to front foot center distance. I'm trying to figure out if the L1 will fit the buffet on which my Ellimatic is dwelling or if I'm going to need to pick up a new cart/stand/table/whatever. Could some kind soul with both an L1 and a ruler post that measurement from front to rear foot centers?

And Reiss, if you ever touch up that dimensional drawing, you might consider adding that to it, for potential buyers like me who might not care if the drip tray or rear of the machine overhang a table a smidge.

Thanks, all!

Comments

• George Van Wagner post=2539 wrote: i've got the overall dimensions, but the one number I didn't see in the schematic drawing was the rear foot center to front foot center distance. I'm trying to figure out if the L1 will fit the buffet on which my Ellimatic is dwelling or if I'm going to need to pick up a new cart/stand/table/whatever. Could some kind soul with both an L1 and a ruler post that measurement from front to rear foot centers?

And Reiss, if you ever touch up that dimensional drawing, you might consider adding that to it, for potential buyers like me who might not care if the drip tray or rear of the machine overhang a table a smidge.

Thanks, all!

Rear foot to front foot, center to center, measurement from my LI = 475mm (FWIW width between the front feet, again center-to-center, is 220mm)
  • Thanks, Dan! So 19" would be the bare minimum depth, and 20" would probably be better. Guess I'm shopping for a new cart. Wish I could afford to have my brother (who builds museum-quality furniture and cabinetry in Santa Fe) make something for me.
  • George,

The outside to outside measurement, front to back, for the feet is 20-1/8" (511.18mm). So, yes, the table/cart top should be minimum 20" front to back.
  • Hmmmm. Ikea Bekvam kitchen cart with a replacement 24x24 butcher block top cutout for a recessed knock box should do it.
  • a big thank you george for garnering the information you need via the forum - if you have a question, so too will others, and now the answer is in the public domain

probably allow about 6mm (1/4") more as the series 2 chassis is slightly longer

a big thank you to dan for replying before i could get to it too, much appreciated

if you are using a trolley be sure to keep the centre of mass as low as possible in it to reduce the probability of it tipping - i.e. if you're going to fill it with heavy stuff put it right at the bottom

the images i see of the product on the net show it with wheels on 2 legs only - i think you should position the cart with the 2 wheeled legs at the back - that way if the trolley goes light at the back when you pull the shot there are no castors at the front, but just fixed legs, which should prove to be a lot less exciting in a worst case scenario :)

best

reiss
  • I'm definitely planning on counterweighting the bottom shelf. I may store gallon bottles of Crystal Geyser water there. Or maybe some bricks. Between the ~38kg of a filled L1 and the 21kg of my Gaggia MD-65, it might get a tad top-heavy if I don't. Storing 16 liters of water on the bottom shelf would probably help.
  • After some time last night with a tape measure and my wife kibitzing, we've decided that the buffet will go in the living room and be replaced with a 24x28" stainless prep table for what my drummer refers to as my "coffee pedalboard." With the L1 on a stainless table, it will be a paean to shininess. Plus the storage underneath will be a place to stash my bins of greens awaiting roasting.