This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium R boiler water(stale?)

Dear Londinium Lovers,
One quistion that keeps me bugging about the londinium R, and maybe there is someone who can answer it :)
What happens with the water in the 2.3 liter boiler during daily use?
Does it get stale during the daily use?or can i use it for tea also.
My excuse for the rusty English, it has been a while since i wrote in English, and i refuse to use google translate :)
Thanks in advance,
Kind regards Edward

Comments

• edward van tijen post=15308 wrote: What happens with the water in the 2.3 liter boiler during daily use?

There is no difference if you use the machine daily, or every other day.

If you plan to keep the machine off for longer periods of time, it my be wise to flush out / refill the boiler a few times after switching it on again.
    edward van tijen post=15308 wrote: Does it get stale during the daily use?or can i use it for tea also.

I occasionally take a cup of hot water from the hot water wand. Never had the water look / smell / taste stale.

The machine is not designed to fill and refill mugs of tea water. If you want to make tea, use a tea kettle to heat up fresh water.
  • I regularly use my L1 (pre-17) for hot water, for tea and for pour over / syphon coffee. So far, it is still in excellent working order, and water gets a regular circulation.