This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

slow boiler filling

I have a strange problem with LR. The extraction (HR circuit) works without problem, the pump seems fast able to fill cup comparatively quickly (when lever is down).
However, filling tank seems to take too long.
Inn case I used steam wand on the nenxt day it takes 10-15 second to fill boiler.
As test I took out around 100ml of water and pump took around 40-60seconds to fill it, I remember that from beginning it was not the fastest, but this one seems excessive. 2ml/s ?

Any idea what is the problem and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Hi Lukasz

You will have a tiny piece of grit in the inlet solenoid

There is a detailed video in the permanent file showing how to take the solenoid valve apart to clean it

It’s perhaps on page 8

Let me know how you get on

Reiss
  • Hi Reiss,
    I look into it. BTW do we have any reference values for filling the boiler, for example 30ml/s

Thanks,
    Lukasz
  • If the boiler is not refilled within I think 30s the low water alarm will sound, so easily 500mL in 30s at a bare minimum
  • Did it finally before xmas. Removing solenoid took some effort. It is slightly different construction than on video.
    Was not able to unscrew inlet and outlet valves, just electric component.
    Yet after using some water teeth irygator I was able to dislodge some dirt.
    After cleaning the speed is about 500ml in 30s...

P.S> I remember that on the solenoid was strange arrow (flow direction?) that made me double checked if I install properly.
    But on the photo and video it was installed in direction against the arrow. Strange but it works...
  • hi lukasz

i presume you have the Sirai brand of solenoid, rather than the Parker brand shown in the video clip

on the Sirai the direction of flow arrow that is stamped on the brass body of the Parker has been replaced with (1) and (2) stampings

(1) indicates the inlet (pump) side of the solenoid

(2) indicates the outlet (boiler) side of the solenoid

kind regards

reiss