This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Request for account settings

The address settings could probably do with a "Company" field. I know that when I order my L1 shortly, I'll be having it shipped to ma at work, rather than at home, and there's currently no way to indicate a company in the address settings. So, when Kelsey has a minute, and if it won't mess up the database too badly …

Thanks!

Comments

• we now have a 'Company' field if you are having things delivered to work

and also an extra field for people with long addresses

hope that makes it a bit easier

one more wrinkle sorted!

thanks for raising - i didn't realise i had forgotten to include it

r.
  • Thanks, Reiss! Since it looks as if this will be happening sooner, rather than later, I'm quite chuffed about it , as they say in your current part of the world.
  • its a curious thing all right as the dictionary tells you that -

chuff 2 |tʃʌf|
    nounBrit. informal
    a person's buttocks or anus.

uttering the phrase 'as tight as a nun's chuff' i seem to remember getting in some trouble for on more than one occasion...

yet -

chuffed |tʃʌft|
    adjective [ predic. ] Brit. informal
    very pleased: I'm dead chuffed to have won.
    ORIGIN 1950s: from dialect chuff‘plump or pleased’.

somehow the 1950s origins of the word chuffed refers to chuff as having a completely different meaning

go figure!
  • I'm a musician who's currently making a living as a writer, and the wonders of the English language never fail to amaze me.

Here in the former colonies, a musician refers to his collection of performing equipment as his "rig," which means something quite different on that side of the Atlantic. I also ride a recumbent bicycle, which here is referred to as a 'bent, also holding a completely different meaning there. Sometimes I wonder how we manage to communicate at all — at least without a lot of sniggering.
  • sniggering is the key to effective communication, but not so loudly that it drowns out the message of course ;)
  • Screamingly funny!! The variations in "English" around the globe are immense to say the least. Even the difference in "English" within "The Colonies" is vast. And then there are the languages used in the USA that are NOT English and are in fact nothing most folks would recognize except in that small region of the planet.

My father and I sat in a pub in South Eastern Louisiana and at the time the bartender and one other patron were in the place. We quietly drank our ale and ate oysters while the bartender talked with the other patron. He spoke with the gentleman for about 20 minutes and my father quietly leaned over to me and asked if I could understand what they were saying. "No" was my response. I could not understand anything , and I have traveled around the globe a bit taken 2 foreign languages in college yet I understood not a word. My father, who graduated from medical school in that part of the USA, said it was a cross between Creole and Cajun and only used in the Bayou country of Louisiana.

You just never know what you say is going to be understood by the listener :)