This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Double Baskets

Is it possible to purchase just a double basket, or a single basket, without buying the entire Portafilter??

Cost?

Comments

• i'll send you one. what would you like?
  • Reiss: I will gladly pay you for a 7g and a 16g basket. I tried buying a 7g from Espresso Parts NW and it changes the rotation of the PF enough and the grind setting required that it is useless unless it is the only basket used, so your basket will be a good match with the other single that came with the machine.

I already have 2, 16g baskets, BUT Frans and I are working on something that is going to require me to hack one apart. So I need another.

I really want to pay you for those 2 baskets, just let me know how much and I will engage the PayPal account :-)

Stephen
  • not at all stephen - you've put hundreds of posts on this forum to help us get off the ground and build critical mass, which i really appreciate

the answer to your question is that we don't sell them and the reason for that is i still want to migrate to a rigdeless basket as ridged baskets are for cafes to stop the baristas knocking them out into the knock box - ridge less are absolutely useless for cafes for this reason

so yes, when we get the ridge less baskets sorted out i will get them in to sell as separates

why hasn't that been down already you might ask, and its a good question. the answer is simple, the manufacturer is experiencing very strong growth across their product range. my most pressing need is to get the LONDINIUM III to market, as this will allow me to get out of the manufacturer's way and the relationship becomes a much more simple one for supply of goods, rather than product development, which is massively resource hungry, even for fairly simple machines like ours - everything still has to be reviewed, treated, measured, and signed off

when L3 is delivered then i can return to issues like ridge less baskets, which i am still keen to secure, but they are very much in the nice to have basket, not the mission critical one

let me have a dig around and i am sure i can find these for you stephen. i most certainly have seen a double and i don't doubt there is a single rolling around somewhere too. i'll stick it on DHL on Monday

kind regards

reiss.
  • Stephen Sweeney post=2464 wrote: Reiss: I tried buying a 7g from Espresso Parts NW and it changes the rotation of the PF enough and the grind setting required that it is useless unless it is the only basket used.

Bummer!! But actually quite logic, come to think about it! That rotation is another thing: how much and in what direction does it change? Would it make sense to buy a thicker/thinner PF to group seal?

Was planning on buying a few ridgeless baskets from EPNW but it seems that I have to buy a few more.....When I have guests I would like to be able to quickly exchange prepared baskets so that I can pull quicker..... I might also buy an electric grinder, but my wife didn't fall for the comparing argument that she also has more handbags than she can use at the same time.... :-)

Thanks for the info Stephen.
    Stephen Sweeney post=2464 wrote:
    I already have 2, 16g baskets, BUT Frans and I are working on something that is going to require me to hack one apart. So I need another.

Getting curious.

M
  • Mark de Raad post=2469 wrote: [quote=Stephen Sweeney post=2464]Reiss: I tried buying a 7g from Espresso Parts NW and it changes the rotation of the PF enough and the grind setting required that it is useless unless it is the only basket used.

Bummer!! But actually quite logic, come to think about it! That rotation is another thing: how much and in what direction does it change? Would it make sense to buy a thicker/thinner PF to group seal?

Was planning on buying a few ridgeless baskets from EPNW but it seems that I have to buy a few more.....When I have guests I would like to be able to quickly exchange prepared baskets so that I can pull quicker..... I might also buy an electric grinder, but my wife didn't fall for the comparing argument that she also has more handbags than she can use at the same time.... :-)

Thanks for the info Stephen.
    Stephen Sweeney post=2464 wrote:

Getting curious.

M

The EPNW 7g was a fatter lip and made the PF lock in at 7 o'clock whereas the L-I 7g locks in at closer to 6-630.

All my baskets, whether L-I or VST or EPNW all work just fine, but they require different grinds. I suspect the hole diameters are different. They also have different angles of lock-in on the PF.

I have both ridgeless and ridge and have settled on ridges so I don't have to fish them out of the knockbox. I just turn upside down and shake once or twice and ridged works best for that for me :) I almost alway have to fish the VST Ridgeless out of the box. I dose them so tamped they do not have grounds inside the groove.

Mark: When and if this project works I will Post it here exclusively and I am sure Frans will make some outstanding videos :cheer:
  • Stephen Sweeney post=2478 wrote:

Mark: When and if this project works I will Post it here exclusively and I am sure Frans will make some outstanding videos :cheer:

Don't doubt that Stephen, you both have a proven track record!

Thank you very much for the info!

M