This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Piston seal replacement - necessity is the mother of invention

All,

I put off a piston seal replacement as long as I could, but tonight it was done.

I have tried:
1) the allen key solution
2) chopsticks
3) the modified whisk that looks like a head massager

Tonight I cut up a yoghurt container (750 g: top and bottom off, retaining 55-60% of the circumference) . With a bit of muscle the yoghurt container sleeve moves as the piston seal is coming up, then reposition and slide the piston seal in place. Easiest and fastest replacement yet. So easy I won't put this off in the future!

KG

Reiss - if this is better elsewhere please move it.

Attached files

image image

Comments

• good stuff kevin. thank you for sharing this. kind regards, reiss.
  • I did the replacement of the seals three days ago (for the first time).

I searched for a specific (smaller & longer plastic) bottle in the supermarket and bought that for the goal of replacing the seals. Cut the length using scissors, put PTFE on the seals and the bottle and it worked very well.

Hope this helps someone else. :)

• i like that idea as it comes with a taper to slide the seals up
  • Yes, when it widens gradual, it makes moving the seals a lot more easy and the cap provides a good hold when pushing the seals upwards.

It took me some time to find the right bottle and it gave me some special looks when measuring bottles with a yard stick in the supermarket. :)

For those living in Germany; this is the bottle I used:

Link:
    https://shop.rewe.de/p/rewe-beste-wahl-holunderblueten-getraenkesirup-0-5l/1229039