This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Pump Setting on Digital Pre-infusion Module

Hi Reiss:

I was wondering if you have a preferred pump setting using the digital pre-infusion module? The first couple of weeks or so I left mine on the default setting of 1000 ms. Last night in preparation for this morning's shots I changed it to 200 ms. While I'm perfectly aware that one shot doesn't tell the story, I have to say that with all other variables left alone, I did seem to taste a more fruity shot on the first pour. In any event, this was a welcome treat, albeit a little unexpected. I'm wondering if this was perhaps due to a more active pump during the pre-infusion phase? I realize it may very well be a bit of a stretch to conclude this.

So, I'm wondering if you might have any thoughts as to a sweet spot setting marrying up both the performance aspects and longevity of the pump? It seems as if the pump is noticeably more active with the 200 ms setting, which makes perfect sense, of course. Maybe this is insignificant as far as the long-term wear and tear on the pump, but this is the nature of my question.

I would appreciate your insights. Thank you.

--Terry

P.S.
I am really enjoying the new pre-infusion module. For anyone on the fence I would recommend taking the plunge.

Comments

• hi terry

mine is currently on 500mS

i put the delay in there because without it i would have had a wall of customer enquiries wondering if the pump was possessed because of the erratic sound it makes with precise digital measuring of the pressure coupled with the immediate response of the pump - you can experience this to a certain extent for yourself by reducing the pump delay to 10mS, but it is considerably worse with no delay at all

the larger the dose the longer i tend to set the pump delay otherwise it just sounds a bit mad, particularly a high dose with a low pre infusion pressure setting and a short pump delay so the pump is coming on a thousand times before the first drip appears

i didn't add the delay for pump life; if rotary pumps have water they last a long time and if they run dry its all over in seconds

kind regards

reiss.
  • That makes perfect sense, Reiss. I'm going to try 500 ms, myself. Thank you. --Terry