This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Pump solenoid

Hello Reiss,

First I like to thank you for thuis forum. Very helpfull.
But I still have a question. My boiler doesn’t fil anymore and the pump make a strange sound. I checked the pump on it’s own and it’s delevering water. So I figured the solenoid was at fault.

I opened the solenoid (I have a different one than the solenoid in the permanent file). Blew some air through it from both sides but that didn’t solve my problem.

Do you think the solenoid broke down or do I miss something.

Kind regards,
Mike

Comments

• hi mike

i am presuming you are aware of the opportunity to electrocute yourself; do not place your hands or tools anywhere near the electrical terminals on the pump or the solenoid

with this thought in mind, you can open the pipe on the boiler side of the solenoid and get the piston pump to turn on and check that you have flow through the solenoid

obviously dont let the pump run for long, just enough to check that you have flow out the boiler side of the solenoid valve, which i assume is the Sirai brand that we now use instead of the Parker that we used originally

i am available on FaceTime or WhatsApp if you wish

let me know

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thnkx for your reply and concern. I was carefull :-)

The problem is solved. I took out the pipe and blew some air through it from both sides. I didn't find anything at fault. Reassembled it and tried it. It didn’t solved the problem, than I wrote my post.
    Disconnected the electricity, checked everything once more, fired the machine up and everything was back to normal.

Once again thnkx for your reply and helping us with are issues :-))j

Kind regards,
    Mike
  • good, excellent, thanks for letting us know.