This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L1(2012-2016) pump issues

Hi everyone,

Been very happily using my L1 for almost three years (from new) without any problems until just this week.

The other day, following a shot, the pump activated to fill the boiler but then wouldn't switch off. The water reservoir tank was near full, and the alarm didn't trigger, so I switched off the machine.

Now, the pump doesn't come on at all. Turning on the machine brings it up to pressure, but pulling water through doesn't trigger the pump.

Any help or advice on this very much appreciated. Attached some pictures just for reference, but let me know if any other details are required.

Cheers!

Attached files

image image

Comments

• hi från

my expectation is the pump has over filled the boiler - is your water very soft (reverse osmosis, distilled, or glacial water in a bottle) as this will cause the auto level circuit to become unreliable

the other possibility is the level probe just needs removing and a careful clean

to solve your issue turn the machine on and lock the hot water valve on the machine in the open position and place a bowl under it

allow the machine to heat up and water to blow out of the hot water valve until the blue light comes on then close the valve

when the blue light comes on i expect the pump will turn on and refill the boiler to the correct level (unless you are using water that is too soft)

let us know

reiss.
  • Nice one Reiss, it seems like that's sorted it. I ran the water from the valve and the pump triggered with the blue light. It now appears to be running as before.

We do have very soft (<30ppm) water here, which I use from tap. I've occasionally used bottled, which mixes to something close to something a bit harder, but generally I'm happy with the results and convenience from tap, and I'd like to one day plumb into that. Any foreseeable problems with the auto level circuit with that in mind?<br />
    Thanks a lot for your help.
  • hi från

if its only occurred once in three years i wouldn't worry about - you'll know what to do next time

when you plumb it in however the risk is that when the inlet solenoid opens to top up the boiler from a cold start if the soft water causes the level probe not to detect when the boiler is full enough and close the solenoid valve

then water keeps entering the boiler and flows out of the open anti-vac valve in the top of the boiler and down the side of your boiler and out through the vents in the bottom of the chassis and keeps flooding your kitchen until you drain all the water from your local water reservoir

for this reason i strongly encourage all customers to keep the machines as tank and pump set ups

if you plumb in you need to add a flood detection shut off device

kind regards

reiss.