This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

PROFITEC 800 VS LONDINIUM R

Anyone had experience with both of these and can provide any feedback ? I cant make up my mind which to go with. The PROFITEC has a PID, bigger boiler, is cheaper but I feel like im missing something

Comments

• Ali Muhiyye post=15116 wrote: Anyone had experience with both of these and can provide any feedback ? I cant make up my mind which to go with. The PROFITEC has a PID, bigger boiler, is cheaper but I feel like im missing something

In my experience it's difficult to go into this without getting lost in many details. The two machines may look similar on the outside and the brew group even look the same from the outside but the differences are many. Mentioning a few like pre-infusion pressure, the point where the lever 'catches', shot volume, one or two spring lever, dipper / HX design, temperature stability will likely only provide cause for more clarifications and before we know it we have sailed off into lengthy back and forths about espresso extraction in general. So I won't go into that, beyond stating that the machines are VERY different.
  • Not to many answers...
    I have not compared LR with this particular Profitec model. But I have used few other pump or manual lever machines.
    I can guarantee, you won't regret buying LR. This is state of the art coffee machine. It makes perfect coffee, go for it. Really.
  • Hi, a year or so ago when I was in the market for a home machine and after probably about a year of research and trying various machines I settled on the LR. Which has been a great machine! Prior to purchasing the LR I had viewed and trialed the both the LR and Profitec 800. Back then I was still a rookie with espresso making but I do recall being drawn to the LR over the 800 for the main reasons being its superior finish, robust feel and most importantly the shots I tasted from the LR were better then the 800.