This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

230V londinium R in USA

Hi Reiss,

I have a question whether EU version of Londinium R will work without changes in US 130V?
Assuming that all components are able to take lower voltage and simply heater would work with lower power?

Otherwise, do we have some conversion mods or how does it works with step up transformer and what power
would be necessary?

Thanks,
Lukasz

Comments

• hi lukasz

my limited understanding is that most houses built in perhaps the last 30 years in the States have the ability to pull 240V from the distribution board (they achieve this with two 120V phases) to give you a 240V spur in your kitchen or wherever you direct your electrician to run it to

any house with air conditioners or pool pumps or other high load devices will already have 240V outlets/sockets for just this purpose

so my suggestion would be that you run it on 240V in the States and simply cut off the plug and wire on a US NEMA6-15 plug

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss, yeah also found out that in kitchen there is often 240v.
    Just quick question 60Hz on 240V or transformator (230V) won't interfere with machine?

Is anybody here that runs machine on 240V in US, that can shed some light?
  • Our machines are built to run multi frequency, 50~60Hz, so no issue there.

Kind regards

Reiss