This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Leak

I've owned my L-R approaching one year. The machine has been trouble free with the exception of upgrading the preinfusion controller (with the design change implemented by the company).

The machine is on 6 hours per day and I produce 4 - 10 shots per this time period,

This am, I turned the machine on and went through my early morning SSS routine while it came to temperature.

I was greeted with a puddle of 8 oz or so of water on the work surface. That's a guess frm how far the supply tank was drawn down, I detected dripping from the machine. I pulled the covers and nothing was apparent looking with a flashlight (torch) .

observations

no steam leaks nor valves open.

water on the work surface was cool.

no water marks on any plumbing apparent

I removed reaminder of panels and could see nothing. Machine was still too hot to go further.

I shut off the machine to cool before diving deeper

Any suggestions on trouble shooting ...and is this a common occurance.?

I briefly checked the flexitube between tank and pimp but nothing was apparent.

appreciate any suggestions offered

Bob McCarthy

Comments

• Do you lift the water reservoir when refilling? It sounds as if maybe it wasn't snug fitted down and since nothing leaks now, it's settled in and the 'nipple' at the bottom is closed.
  • Nothing in my routine has changed. When I finish for the day, I top tank. When I begin a new day I safety check the reservoir and it was fine. I'm guessing its downstream from the pump or the pump itself.

I would think If it was reservoir it would leak when it was sitting unpowered.
    It doesn't appear to.

Thanks for pitching in.

bob
  • Now that its cooled off and I had the machine opened, it started doing a deeper dive. Turned machine on and started looking for leaks.

Bingo, the variable pressure preinfusion controller was leaking water at a significant rate with pump engaged.

This was the one I replaced 10 months ago.

bob
  • hi john
    ill DHL a replacement pressure switch today to the address i have on file for you
    if you want it sent somewhere else please PM or email me
    kind regards
    reiss
  • Thank you for your prompt reply.

Do you want me to send the old one back for evaluation, warranty claim to Mater?

J McC
  • It’s not worth your time or mine. Bin.
  • Part came in yesterday.

Installed. Warming up now.

No leaks yet, been 20 minutes, should be good to go.

Thanks Reiss

Bob