This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Re:Heat up time

@reiss gunson if you needed the machine to be ready quickly, for that morning caffeine hit, what is the quickest it could be ready?

Do warming flushes help?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comments

• thank you for your enquiry

we recommend that the machine is run on a digital timer

it takes one hour to be at the optimal temperature for espresso

trying to flush it hot is tricky but not impossible, hence the response above to keep new owners out of trouble

it would have hot water for tea in 5 minutes

Kind regards
  • I've found you can get by with 30-40 minutes total if you do a longish flush 20 minutes in to transfer heat to extraction chamber

J Mcc
  • I make sure my machine is on 90mins before I wake up. But in case of emergency, it helps to wrap a towel or a scarf around the brew group so while warming up it won't lose heat to the room. And then after 20mins quickly make one espresso just to throw out as this also helps to warm up, and the next shot is good to go. Not the best shot of the day, but it will still beat most coffee in a few km radius ;-)

I agree with Reiss though, that this should not be tried routinely, it's not worth the trouble to get real good at it if you have the alternative of simply switching the mchine on in time.