This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LR plumb in kit

I've revisited the page for the LR and noticed that a plumb-in kit is available. Can I ask what the cost of this would be, and is it fitted by Fracino, or the customer?

Would also be good to understand if a plumbed-in LR has any significant different in practice to the L1. In essence I want a plumbable lever machine, but ideally with the steam arm to the left, so a modded LR might suit me better than the L1

Thanks

Comments

• hi david

its here https://londiniumespresso.com/store/espresso-machine-parts/p-217-enhanced-plumbing-kit

the price should be visible

the customer fits it

im not sure why anyone would want to plumb an LR when the whole thing that makes the LR unique is the fact that it doesnt need to be plumbed in

this ensures it runs at the correct pressure, no loss of cupboard space, no coming home to a new swimming pool in your kitchen, no drilling holes in granite bench tops, etc

the steam wand you can now place on the left or right of your LR and swap it back again with no parts needed as a result of moving the boiler fittings

kind regards

reiss
  • Great thanks - hadn't realised it was a store item.

Honestly, I can't understand how people stand tank machines! I guess if you only make espresso it's fine, but we need water for teas too, so we refill a few times a day, which is tedious, especially if you don't notice the tank ran out during the last boiler refill and you come back to a cold machine.

Our previous E61 machine was plumbed, the current machine is not, and a key factor in replacing it is getting rid of the bloody tank..
  • if you are using the machine in the manner you describe you most definitely need the larger boiler of the L1, https://londiniumespresso.com/store/londinium-lever-espresso-machines/londinium-i

the relatively small boiler of the LR is not suitable for being used as a water heater

kind regards

reiss.
  • Ok, understood. It's unfortunate that the steam arm is on the right on the L1 for our usage due to our placement limitations, but if the LR is more "espresso only" then I won't consider it as an alternative.

Thanks again for your help

David
  • David Jackson post=14507 wrote: unfortunate that the steam arm is on the right on the L1 for our usage due to our placement limitations,

steaming works okay with the wand there even when there is no space to the side:

• That L1 is a beauty!