This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Ceme leaking

I purchased LR last May (2017) and today I discovered the ceme is leaking (dripping water every couple of seconds after pulling lever)

My symptoms were:
1. Last month I noticed the low volume pump buzz would turn on and run indefinitely but the loud pump would not kick in unless I turned it on and off.
2. Recently, the pump will not activate at all, low or high volume.
3. The low water buzzer was going off though there was water in it.
4. I could hear some sort of hiss inside which made it seem like pressure was getting out somewhere.

Hoping replacing ceme will solve all issues, Reiss?

Thanks,
Brook

Comments

• Yes it will

Email me to confirm that I should use the same address that we sent the machine to originally

Best

Reiss
  • Yes, address is same and please let me know if there's instructions online on how to properly replace.
    Thanks!
  • https://londiniumespresso.com/forum?catid=5&id=1091&view=topic

you may need to temporarily remove a copper pipe to create enough space to fit the Mater pressure switch, no big issue

please do not opt for the alternative route which some have taken; disassembling the Mater pressure switch, as i can almost guarantee this will stuff it
  • Hey Reiss,

So after replacing the Mater pressure switch, there was still a leak even with ptfe thread tape so I bought a rubber O-ring and that did the trick. I did end up disassembling the Mater pressure switch and it still works, so that was lucky. The pressure seems too high for the pre-infusion so please advice on how much to turn the dial down. Also, this did not fully fix the issue when the pump doesn't kick on fully at times but only gives a low continuous hum and then kicks in only when I turn the machine on and off again. Please advice.
    Thanks! Brook
  • hi brook

it seems strange that the pump was working fine prior to replacing the pressure switch, yet no longer is

can you please post an image of the pressure switch so i can check the wiring colours

please also check the the connectors on the end of each wire are pushed hard onto each terminal

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

So the same issues have been gradually building up as did at the beginning of this thread with the old ceme and today I found the mater switch leaking from the switch itself, not from where it connects to the pipe.

My symptoms were and are again:
    1. Low volume pump buzz would turn on and run indefinitely but the loud pump would not kick in unless I turned it on and off.
    2. Recently, the pump will not activate at all, low or high volume.
    3. The low water buzzer was going off though there was water in it.

Please advise. Do I need a new mater switch, could I fix this one? Would it make sense to upgrade to the pre-infusion kit?
    I'll attach pics.
  • hi brook

i see you have purchased the digital preinfusion kit; this is definitely the way to go as it realises the full potential of the LR, giving it all the capabilities of a plumbed in machine and in some ways more as many locations do not have a consistent 7 bar of water pressure available

we will despatch it to you on monday or tuesday i expect and it should arrive the next day, or the day after that.

kind regards

reiss.