This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Prototype LONDINIUM shower screen from IMS

When we can except this to be in the web store?

I am refereeing to your blog entry: https://londiniumespresso.com/news/prototype-londinium-shower-screen-from-ims

I am even happy to buy a prototype if you have some, I am sure this will make a difference, as the blind spot in the center of shower screens is great for E61 group, but for the lever the new one should be better.

Comments

Snap! So did I. Its not much different from the one we are going with, other than the one you have purchased is laser cut sheet with 200µM holes and ours is woven mesh with 35µM holes

Many resellers will steer you away from the 35µM mesh because they have had too many customer complaints saying they clog too easily and then pop off the group from the resulting pressure created above the screen

I have no doubt this is true for E61 groups because of the suck back effect that occurs each time the pump shuts off, but this doesnt occur on a lever machine. That isnt to say you cant clog it on our lever group, silicone grease will clog it very nicely and in time so will coffee, but you can avoid clogging it with silicone grease easily enough and if you use your Espazzola group cleaning tool regularly you will find the shower screen stays very clean for a very long time

I favour 35µM mesh on these lever groups because it acts like a breakwater does around a marina, stopping the surge of rough water from entering the marina. The surge on a lever group is many times greater than on an E61 group because the volume of water that is rushes into the brew chamber occurs much more rapidly the moment the group seals start to clear the four inlet holes in the group sleeve

If you try pulling the lever down when the machine is at operating temperature with the shower screen removed - keep your face at least 40cm away from the group when you do so you don't get splashed with scalding hot water on the face/eyes - and you will observe both the high rate of flow out of the group and also the distribution pattern of the water - notice how it jets down the walls of the sleeve as the piston seals just begin to clear the four inlet holes in the sleeve? It is this jetting of the water down the inside of the sleeve that we are trying to arrest and redirect with the fine 35µM mesh to prevent washout on the surface of the puck around the perimeter, and the channeling that often results from that washout

Anyway, to answer your original question we are expecting them in this month and im looking forward to receiving them, along with the new baskets