This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

How to empty L-r?

How do I have to empty my L-r for a longer time?

I want to empty my L-r for a short period.
How can I empty and clean it so the L-r can be discontinued for a short period wihout calcium or onther problems?

Thks, Erik

Comments

• Erik De Wilde post=14253 wrote: How do I have to empty my L-r for a longer time? I want to empty my L-r for a short period.

You say you want to store it for a longer time during a short period. Do you mean several days, 3 weeks or 6 months?
    Erik De Wilde post=14253 wrote: How can I empty and clean it so the L-r can be discontinued for a short period wihout calcium or onther problems?

4 years ago I was at the factory with one of my machines and before I took it home again, the service person who'd checked the workings of the machine switched off the machine, then opened the group to flush it out, then opened the hot water wand and kept the machine tilted so the side where the hot water wand's pipe sticks into the the boiler would have the most of the water.
    This way much of the water can be flushed out.
    If you anticipate leaving the machine in a barn where it will be freezing, it's best to take more of the machine apart.
    If it won't freeze over, take care later to flush an amount of water from the hot machine (not flushing the boiler all the way empty when the heating element is on of course) to ensure you have all fresh water in the system.

• I don’t understand what draining the boiler achieves, and I’m not aware of where the idea has its genesis, but I think it’s flawed

You will never get it dry internally

Far better to save yourself a lot of trouble and when you return turn the machine on for an hour then flush 7 litres through the hot water tap and probably 1 litre through the group

Hopefully it goes without saying that this can not be achieved with one long flush and will require several iterations

Pull the water box and empty that of course and throw out the BWT filter and replace on your return

Also give the steam wand a 1 minute flush, and then leave the machine for another hour before using it and you’re good to go

The only instance when I would drain the boiler is if you were placing the machine in the custody of a carrier to transport, by which I mean I wouldn’t drain it if I was transporting it myself

Reiss