This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Catch angle & pressure

Has anyone ever measured the piston pressure at typical catch angles, say 45 +/- 5 degrees? I'm curious but the cost of a Scace 2, which is the only way I know of to take such measurements, is prohibitive for a one-off test.

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• i can probably take a video of that for you matt, hopefully tomorrow.
  • Thanks, Reiss. I expect there are others who would also find that video of interest.

By the way, I'm loving the distribution tool.

Matt
  • Reiss Gunson post=14137 wrote: i can probably take a video of that for you matt, hopefully tomorrow.

Might look like this:

Quick rough measurement of pre-infusion pressure and start-of extraction pressure at one of the possible settings of the pre-infusion pressostat in the LONDINIUM L-R machine. Note that the pressure gauge is not very fine in range and might be calibrated diffrently than another one. These measurements, to be meaningful, must be accompanied by tasting tests. The current setting works best with my roasts.
  • Thanks, Frans. I make that around 7.5 bar at 45 degrees.

Matt
  • [video width=425 height=344 type=vimeo]243054314

nb - it is always tricky getting all the air out, which is essential if an accurate reading is to be achieved - im not sure i have achieved that here as i have captured full spring compression readings closer to 9 bar in the past
  • That's very interesting. Thanks, Reiss, for taking the trouble to answer my question.

Best wishes,

Matt
  • Nice video Reiss! Thanks