This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

DHL Express & Regular Shipment

Hi,

I was wondering what the difference was between the DHL Express Shipment option & the free shipment option?

I am planning on purchasing a Londinium 1 for a cafe in Oman and would like to know how much longer the regular shipment option takes approximately.

Comments

• Hi Soud

It is the same service, it is simply that a machine purchase qualifies for free shipping so we need to differentiate it in our website

Kind regards

Reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss,

in that case, I should just select the free shipping option and continue with my purchase of the L1+Accessories
  • Hi Soud

Yes, you should be able to place all the items of interest in your cart and then proceed to the checkout and if one of the items is a machine free shipping should automatically be applied to all of the items in the basket

Kind regards

Reiss
  • Hi Reiss,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still waiting for the L1 that was picked up on the 17th.

For some reason it spent a few days in the Midlands and is now on hold in Heathrow.

I contacted DHL a few times regarding this and have not given me any clarification as to why it is delayed.

I would appreciate if you could look into it from your end.

Best Regards
  • Hi Soud

I have taken a look at the DHL tracking log just now and it appears as though your machine has left the UK

As there is no specific reason given for the goods sitting at various point in the DHL network for longer than usual i expect you can attribute it to network load

I would expect that this week is one of the busiest in the year for DHL and you can expect this sort of thing at peak times as you cant build a network with so much capacity that it never maxs out at peak times as it is simply uneconomic for the rest of the year

Anyway, it looks like it is on the move now and i would expect to see another update in the DHL tracking in a few hours when the aircraft arrives at destination

Kind regards

Reiss.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    16 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 14:22
    2 Pieces
    15 Shipment on hold LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 07:19
    1 Pieces
    14 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 03:54
    2 Pieces
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    13 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 06:06
    1 Pieces
    12 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 02:57
    1 Pieces
    11 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 00:43
    1 Pieces
    10 Clearance processing complete at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 00:38
    Monday, November 20, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    9 Processed for clearance at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:44
    1 Pieces
    8 Clearance event EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:44
    1 Pieces
    7 Clearance event EAST MIDLANDS - UK 05:08
    1 Pieces
    Saturday, November 18, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    6 Clearance event EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:20
    2 Pieces
    5 Processed for clearance at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:19
    2 Pieces
    Friday, November 17, 2017 Location Time Pieces
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 18:43
    3 Pieces
    3 Departed Facility in BIRMINGHAM - UK BIRMINGHAM - UK 17:36
    3 Pieces
    2 Processed at BIRMINGHAM - UK BIRMINGHAM - UK 17:35
    3 Pieces
    1 Shipment picked up BIRMINGHAM - UK 15:46
    3 Pieces
  • Hi Reiss,

Thank you for that, the machine arrived this morning, currently setting up and it’s looking good.

Regards