This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium without a spring?

Would love a Cremina style lever machine without a spring. Actually would love a Londinium style lever machine with a spring but my wife is terrified of them and nothing will change that so I am left with springless as my only lever option. Cremina sells for more than a Linea Mini in Australia so not an option for me. Is there any chance/plans for a Cremina competitor without a spring?

Comments

• hi billy presso

thank you for posting

have you checked out - https://strietman.net

there is no chance we will make a manual lever

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. Am familiar with the Strietman products and they look great. I am more interested in something however that can serve as a primary espresso machine for home, complete with onboard steam wand and hot water tap.

The spring based designs are attractive for me, but deal breaker for my wife.

Another consideration for me is the number of guests that either ask to use the existing pump based espresso machine or just walk up and play with it without asking. With a spring lever there is an added dimension of potential damage to the machine and the user in this inexperienced user scenario via snap back of the lever arm.

Understand completely that this isnt on your roadmap so I hope that another company ends up developing this type of thing at a cheaper price point than the Cremina which is currently around $6,000 AUD because I would imagine that there are quite a few people with similar requirements to myself who love the idea of a lever machine but are held back by concerns around the danger associated with the spring....

Anyways, thanks again for the reply
  • what about a la pavoni? a guy called frans is active on this forum and can probably tell you where to buy the cooling fin from which i understand is effective in assisting the group from overheating

kind regards
    reiss
  • Thank you once again for the reply. I did previously own the Pavoni and worked through a range of temp management optimisations for it, but ultimately it didn't serve my requirements for a daily driver to meet the needs of my wife and I as well as guests. It is a nice machine however.