This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Popping Drip Tray

Reiss,

I finally figured out where my post flush popping sound is coming from (initially thought to be the solenoid turning off)

When flushing after my first shot of the day, I consistently get a loud popping sound (sounds like a rock hitting metal)

Attached is video which shows the drip tray popping. This only happens on the first shot of the day so my guess its caused by the temperature swing from relatively cold drip tray (warmed by the tail of the first shot that I let drain) being hit by hot water from the flush, possibly from impurities in the metal? Its very bizarre as I've never heard of this happening. Video below

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Hi Yaseen

For this to occur I'm assuming the drip tray is rocking, at least slightly, in the frame?

FaceTime me in 6 hours onwards and I'll show you how to straighten the drip tray

It is a fabrication so it is very easy for the heat from welding to cause this

It is a quick and easy fix

Reiss
  • Reiss, sounds good, I'll Facetime you later in the day.

To give you some additional data as I'll likely only be able to do it once on Facetime (I haven't tried re-creating again once initial temp spike happens)

1) Drip tray feels solid and sits flat with no rocking in it (see first video)
    2) I tested by putting a 2X4 across the edges and weighing it down with a couple of tampers, and pop occurred right in the middle where the water hits (see second video)

Hope this helps give you some additional insight

Drip tray seems to sit flat

Recreated with weighted down 2X4 across drip tray edges
  • Reiss - thanks as always for the live support yesterday. Issue appears to be resolved with your solution (3-4 flushes into cold drip tray with no popping)

To help others and for future reference, the tray bottom was rising up when hit with hot water and then contracting back down resulting in the popping.

Below is a closeup where you can hopefully see the movement

To resolve, Reiss's guidance was to push the bottom down or up (it will only move a few millimeters)
    I first tried pushing down on it while on the machine - removing the grate and pushing down in the center. This did not resolve the issue.
    I then flipped it onto its face on a towel, placed it on the ground and pushed down in the center with my heal. I did this a few times and retested and issue is now resolved.

Below is a picture to illustrate

Attached files