This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Double spout portafilter: not 50 / 50

My double spout portafilter pulls shot with the right side getting 10 grams or more of a shot; the right side starts pouring first, and the left never catches up.
I've tried swapping baskets, making sure the machine is not tilted.
I lug my machine to local farmers' markets, so it gets jostled a lot.
I appreciate any assistance.
Thanks
Oliver

Comments

• hi oliver

sorry, i know you emailed me about this a few days ago and i haven't replied to it

1. have you used a spirit level on the machine when it is set up at the farmer's market, and then also on the group itself to check that it is perfectly level on the machine?

2. has the left spout got a piece of metal sprue at the head of it as a result of a rough forging, which would need to be ground away?

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks for the heads up on level. My issue was a combo of level, and that any dose greater than 17-18 grams would for some reason(tamping?) dump all the liquid to the right side. On smaller doses, 16 g or so, I can get both sides almost equal, right still greater by 2 g.
    Cheers
    Oliver
  • I originally had a new 2-spout pf that always preferred one particular spot. The problem was traced to the forging. Reiss provided me with a substitute that works perfectly, except that it is sensitive to distribution. I have found a WDT pattern (with single stylus) that works for my current coffee, grind and dose, but from what I've read you'd be well advised to use the Londinium distribution tool.

Matt