This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Ship times to USA

Hi all,

Just wanted to chime in with a couple of data points on shipping. My L1 order was dispatched from Fracino to DHL and made it to West Midlands airfield that afternoon. It overnighted to Cincinnati, USA, connected through to Washington DC (approx. 35 miles east of me) and was on my doorstep by lunchtime.

Inclusive of the time difference, it took about 26 hours for the machine to get to me.

Interestingly the accessories took an extra day because the trip from London to West Midlands took sufficiently longer that it missed the same-day flight to Cincinnati. It therefore waited forlornly for another 24 hours before resuming the same basic pattern the machine had followed a week earlier.

I told Reiss at the time I was suitably impressed with DHL's efficiency but it's perhaps worth sharing more widely as well.

Good coffee to all,
twj

Comments

• That is spectacular fast time!

Last year, about this time, my machine took about 2 weeks to get to the Seattle area because of Customs. Nothing to fault the shipper, just the government Customs stuff.

I currently have a part coming from Reiss that had arrived at the Heathrow facility on the 26th of Nov and is now the 29th and is in the Seattle Sort Facility. Not sure when it will be delivered to me on the other side of the Puget Sound, DHL does not seem to give projected delivery dates.

UPDATE: Package arrived this afternoon! No Customs delay.
  • If shipping were a horse race DHL just won an interesting race.

I ordered a Reg Barber tamper base (Sydney-Vancouver British Columbia) and I live in the greater Seattle area.

At the same time I ordered a new steam wand and long water wand from Reiss.

RB ordered the 13th of Dec & Londinium on the 12th of Dec and guess who beat FedEx/Reg Barber by one hour!!

Kudos to Reiss and DHL