This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LR - pump not engaging

Reiss,

About 4-5 days ago I pulled the lever down and just heard a very faint humming noise and the pump did not engage. I turned the machine off then on and pulled again and it worked.
I thought this may be as a result of me lowering the pump pressure, so I increased it.
Over the past few days I've had this happen again intermittently and each time it's resolved by turning the machine on/off and then I increase the pump pressure further using the adjustment screw.

All the other settings are untouched (CEME and Boiler Pressure)

Comments

• probably the Ceme. you shouldnt need to be altering the pump pressure.
  • I had lowered it slightly to reduce the shunting noise we had discussed so increased it back, but still getting intermittent pump not engaging.

Is the CEME bad or need to be adjusted?
  • hi yaseen

it 'probably' is the Ceme, but before i send you a replacement can you please check Hank's thread thread below;

https://londiniumespresso.com/forum?view=topic&catid=5&id=995

the issue hank and a couple of others have experienced is the relay being loosened from the socket, or completely dislodged

so firstly check that is in place and not rolling around in the chassis and secondly that the blue retainer is holding it firmly in place and hasn't bounced up, leaving the relay only loosely sitting there with the pins not fully home in the sockets

reiss.
  • Reiss, got it. I checked the relay, all seems to be in order. I took a video in case I'm missing something that you can see.

• video of pump not engaging with humming sound. Resets when I turn the machine on/off

Also happens on boiler refill intermittently.

• Quick question. In your video inside the machine there is a sticker: Electrical Safety Test. It states the next test is due 1/5/18. What's that about?
    Rob