This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Problems with new L-R

My new L-r has two problems.
1) blue light (out of water) does not work
2) Knob from hot-water handle moves with shocks. It's no smooth operation.
What can I do?

ErikA

Comments

• hi erik

1. i am a little surprised that the blue light does not work. its function is to illuminate when the lower limit of the level probe in the boiler is reached, which sends a signal to the Gicar control unit, which opens the inlet solenoid, which in turn allows water to refill the boiler. are you saying the blue light never comes on (its function is not to indicate an empty water tank)

2. this issue is common when the machine is new as the face of the stainless bush that the toggle runs on is machined not ground. the solution is to use the toggles and they will wear smooth

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,

Thks for very quit answer!
    Can you read thoughts?

The L-r is a very great machine, shots are improving when I get more experience!

Never seen the blue light comes on.
    When water was low at first time using whole tank, pump starts working and keeps running.
    I had several bottle of water stand-by and quicly filled the tank.
    Pump stops running and L-r works great after that refill.

Next time same things occur, same remedy, same result. No blue at all..

I''ll wait for water-knob to run-in.

Erik
  • hi erik

bah, that's annoying for you. no matter, i will get a replacement blue LED heading your way later today

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,
    Thks wait for that led.
    Extra moving with the handle made it a little better.
    A click at one point stays uptil now..

Regards Erik
  • Erik. My LR is about 1 month old and my steam toggle was sticky/not smooth when new.
    After a month of use mine has gotten smoother. It's not quite as smooth as my hot water toggle yet, but can attest to the fact that it will get better over time with usage
  • Thk for postive words!
    Mine is also a little diffrent from start to now.
    Wait ans see...

Erik