This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium R getting too hot?

Hey Folks, just to be safe: my last machine had an insulated Boiler, besides power effectiveness the result was a fairly low outer Body temperature. My LR on the other hand gets very hot, so hot even, that to turn it off, you have to fast-flick the toggle switch, because holding it would burn you. Do you guys experience the same?
Thanks for your Input!

Julian

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Comments

• Julian van Daal post=13711 wrote: holding it would burn you.

Flicking the switch (which is a little below 60ºC here) with a nimble finger is indeed the best way to switch the machine off.

Holding it is not practical. First of all it's mounted on a hot machine (we want to make coffee) and if I hold it with my hand, then my hand also touches the group which is about 87ºC on one side and the steam outlet on the other side of my hand, at about 50ºC
  • PS I personally never touch the switch as a timer switches the L-R on long before I may wake up and switches it off at the late afternoon. If I want to switch it off/on at other times I do that with the app on my iPhone.

For the above data I quickly tried the actual switch and used an Amprobe TMD56 to measure the temperatures.