This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Is my LR running properly?

To Reiss
My Londinium-R has arrived for a week, but there is a coffee making problem bothering me.
Continuously when I try to make Espresso to the third cup, there is no water coming out from the cooking head, so that I cannot finish the cooking. Not until I discharge some of the hot water out of the machine, it will not refill water back to normal status.

Compared to your presentation in your film, your boiler refill water itself whenever you make Espresso boiler, but my LR will not.

What Adjustment does my LR need any adjustment to work normally?

Have a nice day
Hank

It's 3rd shot , normally ?
The 1st shot is Nice shot.

Comments

• I can't hear the pump running after you pull the lever, did you plumb in your machine and removed the pump ?

If not I would guess that the CEME pressurestat is not calibrated properly, usually when the HX pressure drops after pulling the lever the pressurestat immediately opens the solenoid and starts the pump in order to push water into the group.

Try to pull the lever without coffee and hold it down, see what happens after a few seconds, the pump should engage and water should keep flowing out as long as the lever is down.

I would suggest to open the machine as well and check if everything is connected properly then try to adjust the PI pressure with a small screwdriver (turn off the machine first).

Kfir.
  • Hi Kfir, Thanks for your great reply.

I don't know the position of the PI pressure gauge in Londinium-R

Thank you for your suggestion, attached to the test video.
  • hi hank

thank you so much for posting here - my mobile telephone company in New Zealand blocks Facebook messaging so i might get the first message in a series and then no more unless i close the app and re-open, which is quite hopeless

besides, we have invested quite a lot setting up this forum to support owners so it might as well go here

are you saying that the machine functioned correctly when it first arrived, but it no longer functions correctly?

or are you saying it never functioned correctly

or are you saying sometimes it functions correctly and sometimes incorrectly

anyway, as Kfir has already said, it would seem that the Ceme pressure switch is not working

if i send you a new Came pressure switch are you competent to install it?

kind regards

reiss
  • Hi Reiss
    Thanks for your great reply.

Tonight I first troubleshooting this problem, you can tell me the location and appearance of CAME pressure switch.
  • hi hank

no problem, i will make a short video, or perhaps a series of images

i will get the Ceme pressure switch out the door on DHL Express today, so it will arrive with you on monday

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss,Thanks for your help, but please stop sending me the parts please let me confirm the Londinium-R first.

the Ceme pressure switch is the black plastic can in the to half of the image with the red & yellow wires on it

it has a brass adjustment screw in the centre, with + and - showing the direction to turn the screw to increase and reduce the pressure

please do not touch the brass adjustment screw that is off-centre

i would be most surprised if you get it to work - these things tend to work or fail, when they are broken it is time to replace it
  • Hi Reiss
    is this black plastic?
    I received your information, I will test it tonight.
    Such as this discussion forum.
    https://londiniumespresso.com/forum?view=topic&catid=5&id=963

Attached files

• yes, that post you have found will guide you

i suggest you try turning it in the + direction first

but most likely i expect a contact or similar is broken internally and an electrical circuit is no longer complete

for this reason i will get the part moving today

if you can email me all your details so i can book it out on DHL

name
    shipping address
    telephone number
    email address

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss, I'm always thoroughly impressed by your excellent customer service. It's completely normal and expected for things to break every now and then, its how its handled and resolved that differentiates the customer experience
  • Hi Reiss:

I found an Relay in the corner of the Londinium-R.

is it Installed on a blue base?

Best Regards!!
    Hank Lin
  • someone contacted me and asked me what the outcome was with this issue, which is a fair question

the relay shown in the image above popped out in transit

the customer pushed it back in the slot and as far as i know the customer is now pleased with the machine

if anyone finds any threads anywhere on this forum that dont have an ending published please ask - it isn't intentional, its just the way it goes sometimes - people communicate via so many channels these days, sometimes more than one even for a single issue which leads to these kind of loose ends where you never get to read the last page

kind regards

reiss.
  • Hello Reiss
    After some time, my parts arrived.
    I finally have a pressure gauge to monitor my LR PI function.

Thanks for your great support.
  • hi hank

well done, i think that is about as elegant solution as you could hope for, and you deserve credit for that

we may offer something similar as it is inherently safer than the gauge on the portafilter approach, which we haven't forgotten about

kind regards

reiss.