This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium R Build 12/15 May 2017

Good Evening Reiss

For the batch [of LRs] that's being built in May, what do you anticipate the time scale being from start of build (12 or 15/5) to delivery of the machines?

Many Thanks in Advance.

GP

Comments

• hi gregg

all being well it should take 5 working days after the build commences to have machines ready for me to book out on DHL

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thank you. Should hopefully see it before the end of May then. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Again

GP
  • Any Update on the current build? Can't contain my excitement!

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
  • hi julian

earlier today i requested an update as to where things stand this week - as soon as i receive a response i will update the News section of this website

kind regards

reiss.
  • As to the latest Updates on the Website, it is time for me to reschedule yet another Barista Workshop :/
    Maybe this way, some first edition contribution Tools and funnels miraculously find their way into lever-awaiting crates ;)

Have a nice week!

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
  • Reiss,

I read the latest in the News section, thanks for the update. Can you help translate what that means from a timeline perspective for LR orders placed early may?

Thanks,
    Yaseen
  • hi yaseen

all open orders that have been placed will be built in the next batch

now that we have a third production line i expect life will be a lot easier

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss, that's great to hear... I'll be anxiously waiting. I plan to do an unboxing video (though will come no where near the quality of the one Frans did)
  • Just wanted to report that 2 of 3 packages have arrived - Main Machine and Accessories. I'm still pending the group head which appears to have been separated from the other 2 boxes in England
    I'm really impressed by the speed, shipped yesterday and arrived at Noon today in California
    All unboxed and prepped, patiently awaiting the group head delivery.

• hi yaseen

thanks for posting. i trust that you have advised DHL of the short delivery?

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss,

They actually notified me :)
    The shipping status reflected 1 of 3 packages being put on hold last night while the other 2 proceeded to Cincinnati then to LAX. The 3rd package left early this AM from Heathrow and is still in transit (the first 2 shipped from east middland)

I also followed with a phone call to confirm this AM. My expectation was 2-3 days in transit so thankful that first set came in so fast.
  • ah, good. its always a risk with multiple boxes that they won't all arrive at the same time. it shouldn't happen but it definitely does from time to time. DHL have never lost a package of ours though.
  • I'm sure there is a strong reason for it, but just out of curiosity, is there no safe way to include the group head in the same box as the machine?
  • The following is my personal guesswork, so I might be completely wrong:

If you would want to use the space above drip tray and below half the group to pack the very heavy top half, then there would be very limited space to pad it securely. If the box is dropped, the group would bash against the rest of the machine and make dents about which the owner could possibly be complaining.

If the group was shipped completely assembled, the box would be much bigger, more expensive and above all quite top heavy so the box would be easily invited to topple over and tumble off a lorry or off a transport lift, and crash, and maybe the owner would later complain about a bashed in box.

If the top of the group is securely and heavily padded and packed into a separate box, all of this is prevented and at worst it takes a few hours more if that box takes a longer detour to arrive. There might be at worst a bit of anxiety waiting but not dangerously so.
  • And it would make for a very heavy package..My guess is it's more to do with weight than stowage, as you could design a box to accomodate the grouphead above the machine.
  • Grouphead delivered and pulling shots. Love it

Attached files

• Yaseen Aziz post=13634 wrote: I'm sure there is a strong reason for it, but just out of curiosity, is there no safe way to include the group head in the same box as the machine?

back in the day we certainly tried - i would love to send the machines with the group tops installed

with our current packaging system and machine design (dating from the L1(2012-2016 series two) we have not seen any machine damaged in transit

that isn't to say it can't happen, but it hasn't happened yet.
  • After I held the grouphead, I now complete understand :)

It's a monster