This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

A shot and Latte art on my L1 tonight

Enjoy!
Rob

Attached files

image image

Comments

• nice one rob. thank you for taking the time to post. kind regards, reiss.

• Just thought I'd let you know that my 2013 L-1 still makes great coffee ;) Not so sure about my latte art though....

Attached files

image image
  • Lovely and delicious looking!

I made many many delightful smooth and subtle espressos with my old L1 as well. And the current owner does so still. With the new custom seals this has become a lot easier too. I am happy and proud that my dear first L1 machine has not been passed on and on to the next and next guy to try their luck with it.

The current frenzy with some owners to rip open the old style L1 and change it into something like L-R amazes me. If one is very technically able and merely enjoys the opportunity to tinker that's fine of course but otherwise in my view no one should feel they suddenly miss out on an opportunity.

Making sure one has excellent beans from a masterful roaster and having a fantastic & trouble free grinder is 'low hanging fruit' to make great steps enhancing the espresso experience.

Then next, if one would like to also try the full bodied shots, selling the L1 intact and getting an L-R could be a future step.
  • In my case, I prefer Italian-sized drinks, pulled with 7 and 14 gram doses. These are fully saturated at 1.2 bar PI in less than 10" on my pre-2017 L1. So, no L-R on my shopping list.

Matt
  • Karl,
    You're getting close on the art. Just keep practicing and make sure your foam is not too thick. I've had years of practice...been pouring art for close to 20 years, and won the first international latte art competition that Whole Latte Love had years ago!

Frans,
    No intention on selling my L-1 and getting a L-R, or modifying my machine. The L1 is almost identical to my friend's Faema Lambro, and both pull wonderful espresso. I find the vibe pump very quiet, and it goes on for such a short time. I have the machine on a timer in the morning, and have never heard it start up in the morning. I like the simplicity of the machine.

Reiss,
    I'm very curious to see the future compact spring lever. I have a HX machine up at my vacation home and the compact spring lever may be the perfect replacement....any updates?

I need to post some more vids of espresso pulls. Maybe this weekend.

Rob
  • Great looking shot and art too :)

Mario