This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

line pressure pre-infusion

Why do I need it with my old L1 ?
How do I install it ?
oh again I'm so lost , my L1 is connected to the water feed via water filter, I count 3-5 seconds for pre infusion and pull the espresso. Am I missing anything ?

Btw My grinder is mazar mini

Comments

• hi amit

how dark a roast do you typically drink?

if you are drinking a 'traditional' italian style of roast (i.e. fairly dark) then i expect you will get the most benefit per dollar spent by upgrading your grinder first

kind regards

reiss.
  • Having done both upgrades, I agree completely with Reiss. I have converted my L1 to line pressure infusion, and replaced my Mazzer Mini with a Mahlkoenig K-30. Although I am pleased with the modification to my machine, the difference made by upgrading the Mini made a much bigger difference in the cup.
  • I mainly drink Italian style of roast but I don't want to commit for that, a taste may change . Any recommendations for grinder ?
  • amit post=13204 wrote: I mainly drink Italian style of roast but I don't want to commit for that, a taste may change . Any recommendations for grinder ?

I am immensely happy with the E8, using it all the time.

http://kostverlorenvaart.blogspot.nl/2015/12/compak-e8-lucidate-red-speed-burr-set.html

(The R120 only for testing beans right after roast or when I want to experiment with plenty of beans.)