This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

In need of advice

Ok, espresso shot: Clarity what this really means? Grinders R120 vs EK43 excellent grinders right? As I read the R120 its good for a roaster how about the guy on the other side of the counter? :) The EK43 makes everything sweet means what? the coffee will have no flavor? So without insulting anyone could some of experts here explain in plain term what all means? My Macap is a conical it brought out all the bad stuff that I didn't know my coffee had :( wile I'm waiting for my new LI machine I'm contemplating upgrading to a new grinder, I currently have a Mazzer Mini and a Macap M7D and a group E61 single group espresso machine.

Thanks
Mario

Comments

• mario pavesi post=13196 wrote: Ok, espresso shot: Clarity what this really means?

You ask a lot very quickly ;-) It could help if you first describe at length what you have tasted so far, how you would describe the best coffee you tasted. Because no matter what words people use, they might mean different things to you.

Get the best grinder you can afford that fits the space you can make for it and remember it all starts with getting fantastic beans from a masterful roaster.

"Cast your mind to the best damn cup of coffee you’ve ever had. It’s sweet and ripe! There’s a clarity to the flavour, like it’s transparent. The acidity is balanced and positive, perhaps complex if you’re lucky. And the finish goes for ever. This is the jam, and you want to know more about it."

https://baristahustle.com/blogs/barista-hustle/coffee-extraction-and-how-to-taste-it
  • Thanks Frans, sorry about all the questions :) since I got this new grinder that was suppose to take me to next level I don't feel it did granted my current expresso machine is not the greatest but I was at getting some drinkable shots and then to my surprise my wife asks me to make a latte for her and I did and she says "this coffee is horrible" its not sweet :( I new was ok but not horrible she said was horrible so that was a wakeup call haha back to square one. So I needed some answers quick haha.

Thanks
    Mario