This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

What is the level of interest in some espresso sized Ancap cups?

if enough of you express an interest you might be able to twist my arm to commission a batch of espresso sized Ancap cups in the same design as the 150mL Ancap competition cups that we currently offer here; https://londiniumespresso.com/store/product/179-six-ancap-150ml-competition-cups-saucers

thoughts?

Comments

• i can't remember if i tried ancap cups before...my current favorite is the SORRENTO espresso cup from Nuovo Pointe

thick porcelain, but the mouth is nice and wide too. i've found other thick porcelain cups to be too narrow and deep.

https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/mokabrown-sorrento-espresso-cup-saucer-each

notneutral also makes some nice espresso cups :)
  • I think Ancap stand out above all other brands. Their quality is superior. I have a decent size collection of sizes and shapes, and my personal favorite is the 1.9 oz (55mL) Palermo. Now I believe it's part of the Verona line, as they have simplified their collection somewhat in recent years.

Although I don't personally enjoy milk-based drinks, I find their Torino Cappuccino Competition to be a wonderful design. I push flat whites or cappuccinos on my wife just so I can use the cup!
  • Hi Salvatore

It will be Palermo - to match the 150mL Competition cup we already offer. The tulip style gives an inferior (watery) taste - i can send you one so you can compare side by side if you like

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thank you very much, Reiss, but certainly not necessary. As I said, for espresso the Palermo is my favorite shape, and I agree it is better than the Torino for these beverages. Also, since I don't drink anything else, I'll take your word the logic carries over into the larger sizes. I just think the Torino Cappuccino Competition looks the part! I'd ask my wife to do a side-by-side test, but she tends to become grumpy with me when I make such requests. Ha!
  • I'd be interested in espresso sized cups. As much as I like the cappucinno sized ones, I really like this espresso sized cup that you gave me when I visited you Reiss.

My day to day cups are some ACF tulip style ones, but I find that really enjoy that Londinium branded espresso cup. Is it an Ancap?

The espresso just seems to taste better in it, think thicker, more luscious in flavour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • thank you for taking the time to post karl

i have some here (old logo) that i can manually invoice for you if you like - email?

best

reiss
  • I would, include me in.

Mario
  • Include me Reiss... [email protected]
    Thanks
  • I have more espresso cups than I really can use, but I like the look of the 150ml cups, so I am interested, but I would prefer to be able to order one or two cup/saucer sets, I don't need more.
  • thank you to everyone who has posted. yes, i really want some of the espresso sized cups in the same design as the 150mL competition cups too, so i will make contact with Ancap today

the reason i only sell them in boxes of 6 is not to be difficult, but rather that is the unit in which they are supplied from Ancap and i store them at the manufacturer of the machines in Birmingham so they can be despatched together. to ask them to open boxes and wrap them in bubble wrap to make them secure for the outward journey to you the customer is unreasonable i think. so the compromise is we sell in boxes of 6 only so they a box can simply be plucked off the shelf and placed into a larger box as part of the order. some of you live close enough to each other that you could probably place a combined order for a number of items if that was a deal breaker

you can safely assume it will probably be 8 weeks before we have the espresso cup size in the same design as the 150mL competition cups available

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss Gunson post=13290 wrote: thank you to everyone who has posted. yes, i really want some of the espresso sized cups in the same design as the 150mL competition cups too, so i will make contact with Ancap today

the reason i only sell them in boxes of 6 is not to be difficult, but rather that is the unit in which they are supplied from Ancap and i store them at the manufacturer of the machines in Birmingham so they can be despatched together. to ask them to open boxes and wrap them in bubble wrap to make them secure for the outward journey to you the customer is unreasonable i think. so the compromise is we sell in boxes of 6 only so they a box can simply be plucked off the shelf and placed into a larger box as part of the order. some of you live close enough to each other that you could probably place a combined order for a number of items if that was a deal breaker

you can safely assume it will probably be 8 weeks before we have the espresso cup size in the same design as the 150mL competition cups available

kind regards

reiss.

That makes sense, Reiss! thanks for the explanation.
  • Thanks Reiss

Mario
  • by popular request i am also ordering some Ancap cupping bowls.
  • Not to upset the apple cart, but you've definitely settled on the painted cups? In other words, the same color scheme as the larger ones? I'm partial to plain white, but of course we all have different tastes.
  • hi salvatore

yes, that's right - it is a vehicle for getting the londinium brand into peoples' homes and starting conversations ultimately

i have one or two boxes of the 'old logo' cups that are in white, but they still have the logo on, like this -

you can email me if they are of interest and i can manually process it for you

best

reiss
  • Sorry if there was any confusion Reiss, by no means was I suggesting cups without the logo. Those can be bought anywhere. I just meant without the color accents. Some prefer a splash of color, and some... those boring fellows such as myself... prefer a more simplistic, i.e. classical, approach!

I was able to acquire one of those original cups through the generosity of our very own Frans. I treasure it.
  • I'm happy to purchase some
  • this time for the espresso cup & saucer, and also the cupping bowl, it seems that Ancap are able to box individually so that solves that issue

My new 'old school' Londinium branded Ancap, being filled with some delicious home roasted East Timor Maubisse Organic.

Thanks for the quick turnaround Reiss, there certainly is a flavour difference between these cups and my ACF tulips
  • hi karl

thanks for posting. yes i think so too.

just finalising the order with Ancap now for the new cups - this little jobs take an inordinate amount of time to set in motion

kind regards

reiss.