This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Life with a Londinium R

I received and setup my Londinium R a week ago today. When I received it, I was obviously excited, but I wanted to save 'most' of my comments until I was able to actually use it more than once or twice. Although, over the past week the excitement got to me a few times :)

After a week, here are my thoughts.

- The build quality and components are wonderful.
- It's going to be interesting trying to keep her sparkling clean and shiny.
- It's beautiful to simply look it.
- Dialing in was relatively easy.
- It begs me to leave it on throughout the day.
- It's tricky getting the PF seated at times.
- Be mindful of the force of that lever and spring.
- Steam output is insane.
- Best steamed milk I've made in 4 or so years. Need to only aerate for a short period of time.
- I love having the hot water spout. It heats up a cup FAST!
- The button tamper is lovely and I think has ousted my Reg Barber from being my favorite.
- The standard basket is easy to use.
- Shots are wonderful
- Shot capacity is crazy if you wanted a longgg espresso you could get one easily.
- I've noticed there's nothing I'm not loving about the machine.

One week in and I really couldn't be much happier if I tried.

Thank you.

Comments

• I agree on all points except milk, and that's only because I haven't tried it yet!

For the PF, I also find it tricky. What I noticed is that the vertical angle of the handle is higher than my previous machine, and I am used to holding it at a lower angle when locking it in. I'm getting used to holding a little higher and it is getting easier. No fault of the machine, it is all in what I was used to.
  • The gasket will compress during the first couple of months, and as it does the portafilter will gradually start to fit into place more easily. I tried a Cafelat gasket briefly, but prefer the stock one.

Congratulations to both of you on your wonderful new machines!
  • thanks for taking the time to post matt.