This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium L-R First Thoughts

Londinium L-R arrived a few days ago. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier about the machine. I purchased it as a gift for my father and am posting to share some pictures. Prior to this purchase, my parents had never owned a proper espresso machine. To be completely honest, I was initially apprehensive about purchasing the machine and feared a steep learning curve. Just about everything I'd read online mentioned how "difficult" and finicky lever machines could be. Suffice it to say, that they are all unequivocally wrong! As first timers, this machine couldn't be easier to operate. Putting it together was very straightforward and hassle free. Operating the machine is even easier. I find that the machine is very didactic and provides ample feedback. As you can see in the pictures we've paired it with a Mazzer Mini doserless grinder. A bluetooth timer ensures that it automatically turns on and off at set times throughout the day so that it's been properly warmed up before use. Shout out to Reiss for providing excellent customer service and guidance every step of the way. I'd also like to thank the community for proving extremely useful posts and guidance related to all aspects of owning and maintaining a Londinium.

I find that taking a look at the spent pucks and checking for channeling provides excellent feedback. It has helped tremendously in figuring out how to fine tune our tamping method.

Shipment to the United States was also very straight forward. Minus a scratch on the box that didn't harm the machine at all, it arrived in perfect working order. So for anyone worried about shipping times or package integrity, no need to fret. For some reason, DHL didn't charge any duties or import tariffs to the state of Maryland. Again, couldn't be happier with the excellent build, quality, and customer service. The shots speak for themselves.

[

Attached files

image image image image image image