This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Triple basket compatibility?

Can anyone help me by answering the following question:

Does the 22g VST basket fit the Londinium spouted portafilter?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Fantastic!
    Thank you again for your help.
  • As far as I remember, yes...

Kfir.
  • Great to hear that. On my previous machine, the 20g basket could only be used with the bottomless portafilter. Great to have that flexibility. Another Londinium advantage!

I ordered both the spouted double and single portafilters with the LR, since it it saves shipping costs vs deciding to get one or both later. From measuring both the single and double, it appears that the triple would even fit the single portafilter if you chose to use it that way. Is that correct, Reiss?

By the way, I just now took the baskets out of the double and single and looked inside for the first time. These are really well-made portafilters!
  • be aware that if you use the 22g (triple) basket size on our bottomless that there is a good chance with a fresh roast at least that the crema will bridge the small gap between the basket and the bottom of the portafilter and then run along the bottom of the handle and drip onto the floor, which is sub optimal in my view

obviously this issue does not arrive with the single and twin spout portafilters as they are enclosed

best

reiss.