This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium R - upgrade path from previous L1?

Reiss,

Will you be supplying parts and instructions to upgrade the functionality of the present L1 to that of the LR? I presume the new boiler would not be needed.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Matt

Comments

• hi matthew

that wont be possible I'm afraid - when you see the photos you will appreciate why

whilst the external dimensions are unchanged everything inside the casing has been moved around in order to accommodate the rotary pump and the left hand frame is now partially enclosed to create a surface on which to mount the rotary

kind regards

reiss.
  • I see. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Matt
  • I think I've asked this before, but any chance for a semi-upgrade kit for the L1, to convert it to a closed loop TS HX? (OPV + one way valve + parts to close off trombone pipe)?

Also interested how the new L-R (??) fills the group, is there a micro switch in the group to tell the pump to fill the group and an OPV to regulate the PI pressure?
  • hi tim

no kit as it needs the rotary to work - i know this as we tried to use a piston pump when we didnt think the rotary pump was ever going to eventuate

no micro switch, this a proper job not a toy. we have added a second pressure switch to ensure a pre-infusion pressure of 3 bar is maintained

kind regards

reiss.
  • I await the videos. Sounds very very cool!
  • so you are saying i can send you my L1 for a personal upgrade :)

hi dan

hopefully this image of the top of my LONDINIUM R conveys why upgrade kits are not possible

kind regards

reiss.