This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Steam tip interoperability

From the research I've done, it appears that there are no real standards around steam tips such that they can be interchanged between machines from different manufacturers (although there is *some* compatibility, as between La Marzocco commercial machines and LM Oscars, for instance). Do the steam tips on Londinium machines have a pipe/thread/pitch spec identical to those on any non-Londinium machines, or are they proprietary to Fracino?

Thanks!

Comments

• hi john

we try quite hard to keep them proprietary

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks, Reiss. In case there was any doubt, I was using "proprietary" as a descriptive term, not one that was pejorative. Given the way some de facto standards have emerged on espresso machines -- e.g., those driven by E61 groupheads -- I'm a little surprised the Italian parts and machine manufacturers didn't converge on steam wands and tips. Cheers!
  • E61 group heads often look very similar across machines from different manufacturers but inside and behind the back of the group there are many differences/modifications. On this forum it would get way off topic but I'd say there is no 'de facto' standard way to use the group or the peripherals like steam / hot water / thermosifon / dipper / restrictor connections even on similar looking E61 machines.
  • Thanks, Frans. Where I was going with the question was whether it would be possible to try out alternative steam tips like the Lyn Weber variable output type. Doesn't sound like it.
  • hi john

i dont believe it will fit

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks, gentlemen.